Keys to Etsy Store Success
Posted on February 25, 2011 in Build Your Brand by Katie Oskin
Etsy Success Made Easy
I have often been asked by many Etsians what the Keys to Success and getting noticed on Etsy are. So here are a few tips that I have gathered over the past 6 months working diligently on my store and on my blog on how to make your store shine, make your items visible, and get noticed.
I do NOT own this graphic, it is used from the FearlessCompetitor Website…please click to go directly to their website.
- PARTICIPATION IS THE #1 KEY! The more you participate (teams, forums, blogs), the more people get to know you, the more the appreciate all your effort and your items. In every aspect of Etsy it is vital that you participate. Show the Etsy communittee everything: blogs, new listings, ideas, facebook, twitter, stumble, ready to expire listings….you name it! The more we see things, the more we can click and gain extra exposure to our items.
- PROMOTE YOURSELF! I know this seems basic, but you must be willing to support and promote yourself…but not only yourself, you also MUST support your fellow artisans. It’s a Pay It Forward mentality. If someone promotes your item, store, etc for you…Promote them back and don’t hesitate to do so. Without this basic promoting you will NOT get noticed! If you can’t do it for each other, at least promote yourself and any teams you are on…gaining exposure for yourself AND your fellow Etsians.
- Post 1 item daily for more exposure. If you are used to listing 7 new items on one day of the week, break that habit right now. It’s not gaining you exposure! Stores that post 1 new item a day are 1,000 times more likely to be “discovered” through searches on Etsy than those who post once a week.
- Add your items to our “Link It Up” feature here on this blog. This is super easy and a great way to create back-links and valuable information for google to raise you in the “search” features. We run our “Link It Up” series about twice a month. The information and requirements for our “Link it Up”are posted on Twitter, Facebook, and of course here on our blog.
- Join twitter and facebook for more exposure. It’s called Shameless Self Promotion. Let’s face it, you’ve turned this hobby into a business (no matter how small) because you love your work and you love what you do. Share that enthusiasm. But I beg you…do NOT spam people. This is the absolute quickest way to get yourself ignored.
- Be excited about yourself and your work! If you’re not excited, no one else will be…plain and simple.