WIP Wednesday: Polymer Clay Studio Insider
Posted on January 15, 2014 in In My Studio, Work In Progress by Katie
Inside My Busy Polymer Clay Studio
Well, today would have been day 10 without an internet connection. Last week, in our sub-zero temperatures, our (and 93 other people) internet conked out … and never came back on. For the first few days I was okay. Then came the house cleaning, reading novels, & so much studio time. I forgot what it was like to be super-productive.
Work In Progress Report
What happens when your internet goes out? You learn the value of it … as well as the value of connectivity. This being said, I loved spending so much extra time in my polymer clay studio. I was really productive! Here’s some sneak peaks, clockwise.
- Sneak Peak: (Top Left) An upcoming Parker StoryBook Scene release. Adopt him in my Etsy store.
- Portable Studio: My hubby spent the majority of last week struggling with walking pneumonia. So, I transported my projects upstairs and spent time claying in the living room (for 2 days) and taking care of my husband.
- Pixelated Retro Cane: I continue to be very thankful to Bettina Welker for her tutorial on the Pixelated Retro Cane. It’s still one of my favorite versions of a Klimt cane.
- Pixelated Retro Cane Sheet: (Top right) Simply joining the same sides of a pixelated retro cane gives a gorgeous effect. This cane was no different.
- Embroidered Hearts: I made oodles of embroidered hearts because I adore the embroidery technique (here’s a tutorial with a bird pendant). Here’s the pendant I made for myself, and underneath it all 5 pendants: Mine, my Mom’s, & my 3 girlfriends who I see Monday.
- More Portable Studio: And just in case you wanted to see the color palette I chose for all my embroidered hearts, here it is!
- More Pixelated Retro Canes. Again, thanks Bettina!
- The juicy palette I used for one of the pixelated retro canes. After I picked it and got everything set out, I kind of thought it looked watermelon-yish … Get more color palette’s & prompts here.
- My LucyClay Tools, XXL CZExtruder I made all those awesome retro canes with. If you would like to purchase one of your own you can find all the distributors here.
- And last but not least, my mosaic cane for the 52 Weeks of Canes (see more on this on Friday’s post).
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on or toward? Is there a color you’ve craved so much this week you created everything with it? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!