WIP Wednesday: Spring is Coming at Kater’s Acres Polymer Clay Studio
Posted on March 19, 2014 in Work In Progress by Katie
WIP Wednesday Day
What’s Going On In My Polymer Clay Studio
Well, this past week has been both long and short. I know, that sounds … contradictory, but it’s the truth. I spent four 10 hour days in my studio last week. This is very much out of the ordinary for me; my usual allotted studio time is 15-18 hours a week. However, I have been in such a spring-time mood that I have been making an endless supply of flowers and things with flowers, including some new Parker StoryBook Scenes. So, here’s what’s going on (top L to bottom R):
- Clay Creation Workshop by Maureen Carlson. I got a new book for many of my elementary students this week. This is actually an air-dry clay book by Maureen Carlson, but the designs can be easier adapted (or made) in polymer. I will have a full review posted on this book very soon.
- One day this week I was so tired I felt like I hadn’t sleep in a week. This coffee was no longer an enjoyable drink, but one that I had to have. Of course, having a Keurig does help have a perfect cup of coffee each and every time! Needless to say, I didn’t even make it to the studio that day I was dragging that badly.
- NOTE: Get updates of what’s going on daily here on Twitter.
- I love to purchase other clay artists work and have quite a collection building one piece at a time. Seldom do the pieces leave my studio. However, I am now the proud owner of this adorable bug pin from ClayWorks by Kim Detmers. Her work is precise and exquisite. Check her out here.
- I made a bunch of these caned flower necklaces, perhaps I’ll even do a mini-tutorial on them soon. With Spring drawing nearer, flowers are beaconing me everywhere I turn.
- There’s something about blends that are fascinating, gorgeous, and at times swoon-worthy. The blend show here is the blend that ended up in the flower pendant next to it. I encourage you to start photographing your blends, there’s inspiration in those blends, trust me!
- Last but not least, last week was spent brainstorming, drawing, designing, and transferring to clay this adorable Chick figurine above. This tutorial went out to Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club on Monday. This tutorial will be available for purchase next month in my Etsy store.
What are you working on?
How was your week? What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!