WIP Wednesday: Tutorials Galore!
Posted on April 8, 2015 in Work In Progress by Katie
As I looked back over the last several weeks, I realized that between Parker’s Clayful Tutorial Club, the blog, & Polyform, that I wrote 6 tutorials in the last 5 weeks. That’s more than one tutorial a week. It’s no wonder that I’m so exhausted!
With all the tutorials I write these days, it seems that I have very little time for “clay play time” or even to purchase & try new tutorials that other people have written. Here’s where you can find those tutorials:
Alas, maybe this summer I will have some time to get some new tutorials, try them out, and have some fun using them! Here’s a few of the recent goings-on in my studio.
- Beginning a Project: There is nothing more exciting to me than the very beginning of a new project. I love the thrill, the excitement, the fun. Rarely do my designs turn out the way I plan, there’s always some unexpected twist, turn, or fun thing the clay provided me with that day. So this lump of blue clay made entirely from scrap with toothpicks brought joy, excitement, & calmness to my day.
- My Work Habitat: I was watching some YouTube videos from others this week and I really loved their studio tours and snapshots of the things they were working on. So, coming next week you’ll get to see a few snapshots of my studio and what’s contained there within.
- Skinner Blend Fun: There was a time in my claying career when I was completely and utterly intimidated by a Skinner Blend. I didn’t use them very much because I was so intimidated by them. But now … my has that changed. There isn’t a day that I work in my studio that I’m not making some kind of a gorgeous Skinner Blend. Sometimes the photos even end up on Instagram. (Love WIP photos and studio snapshots, follow me on Instagram to see what I’m up to.)
- Double Jointed Chinese Inspired Dragon: This is my first ever double jointed dragon, Azul. I chose NOT to do ball joints, but next time I think I will because they just look nicer. Azul will have his own snapshots, story, and more tomorrow.
Polymer Clay Inspiration & News:
- Polyform recently announced NEW Premo! & Sculpey III colors for polymer clay. Read the whole article here.
- There’s lots of new exciting things going on at the Polymer Clay Adventure. Awesome new tutorials from Laurie Mika, Christi Friesen, & Anke Humbert are the current rage. Please feel free to join us here.
- The 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge (#2015PCChallenge) is going very well and if you’re not participating you are missing out on all the fun. Be sure to come & join us.
- I’m working up a HUGE workshop … details will come later. You won’t want to miss this. Be sure you are SIGNED UP (sign up in the box at the top right of the page) for my email to get first dibs & early bird pricing. Seats are limited.
Weekly TidBits & Fun:
- Due to my husband’s work schedule, I have been out of town about 2-3 days a week. This has put HUGE time constraints on my studio time. I’m looking forward to being able to work all the time again.
- Now that the weather is warming up, I am back to enjoying delicious, smooth, & refreshing iced coffee. Mmm!
- I got some new books this week. Neither are specifically polymer clay, but for sure one will get a review on the blog. Look for it in the next few weeks.
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Occasionally I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!