WIP Wednesday in My Polymer Clay Studio
Posted on September 30, 2015 in Work In Progress by Katie
WIP Wednesday in My
Polymer Clay Studio
Happy almost October! The air is cooler, the sun sets sooner, and the season of pumpkin everything has begun. Before we get started, there’s something really special coming up, be sure you are signed up to receive the Polymer Notebook, my free email newsletter.
What’s Going on in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio?
There’s a lot going on in my studio. Don’t forget that you can follow me on instagram to see WIP photos as they happen too.
- Here’s a gorgeous new color palette featuring the gorgeous jewel tones of fall. Unfortunately I can’t duplicate this in a recipe for you because it’s made entirely from scrap clay. [Get free scrap clay tutorials here]
- This dragon will soon be released in my Etsy store. He’s a jointed Chinese inspired dragon, you can get the tutorial to make your own here.
- This bride & groom pickle ornament is a custom order for one of my seasonal shoppers. Every year for the past 5 years I have made her & her family pickle ornaments. This years ornament is a bride & groom pickle as her & her fiancé are tying the knot this month. Congrats to them! [Please note, I no longer take any custom orders as I simply do not have time].
- These blocks of polymer clay began as just that, clay blocks. After love, lots of color manipulation, & some serious conditioning they turned into the cutest dragon that you ever did see. Learning to see beyond the block, combine colors, and enjoy the process is just one of the reasons I love polymer so much.
- This cute little note was included in an order this week. I love making orders more “personal” for my buyers. I think Nana & Pop Pop will really like this little gift from their girls. [Parker’s are shown in their standard adoption packaging.]
- These steampunk leaf pendants are some of my newest fall favorites. You can learn to make your own from this free video.
- See that lovely planner spread? Yep, that’s my Erin Condren planner pages for next week and the week after. If you can’t tell by the boldness & decorations on the page, my family & I are traveling to Florida to meet up and enjoy a quick trip to Walt Disney World. [Get $10 off your first Erin Condren planner by clicking here.]
- Mummy Parker was released this week, just in time for Halloween. You can adopt him here.
- Last but not least,this little dragon’s name is Precious. She is such a sweetie. She was made as part of the #2015PCChallenge. Join the challenge any time by clicking here.
PRO PACKAGING TIP:
What your packaging looks like says a lot about you and your brand. All our adoptions come with custom packaging. Parker ships in these little muslin bags, stamped with Parker on one side & Lolly on the reverse. Each bag also contains a little faux wax seal depending on what’s in the package; if Lolly is inside, it’s a Lolly seal and visa versa for Parker. Dragons ship in custom boxes as well. Including handwritten thank you notes, and small gifts with each order will help earn buyer confidence and return buyers. Remember, if it looks like your item was shipped in a hurry, buyers are less likely to return.
Polymer Clay Inspiration & News:
Weekly Tidbits & Fun:
- My favorite season is here: fall! That means a lot of outside time, lots of pumpkin spice coffee, and a new seasons of surprises for a puppy who has never seen falling leaves before.
- This pumpkin spice coffee treat with marshmallows on top is a favorite fall studio work day treat. Just perk a cup of coffee, add half and half, add just a splash of pumpkin spice creamer, add marshmallows, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Ta-da! You’ll think you went to a real coffee shop, when you just made this fall favorite at home.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!