WIP Wednesday: Inside My Polymer Clay Studio This Week
Posted on January 22, 2014 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
See What’s Happening in my Polymer Clay Studio
Work in Progress
Here’s what’s been going in my polymer clay studio lately (clockwise from left to right):
- I was so excited to find out over the weekend that I am the featured artist for the Polymer Claymates group on FaceBook! What an honor!
- On the 52 Weeks of Canes threads, some of the participants were talking about how they always take a cutting from their cane, bake it, and save it. So … I took slices of each of my canes that I still had and baked them. I’m making a scrap book of sorts for my canes.
- Teardrops ready to be made into a rainbow skinner blend.
- Polymer clay pens made from the rainbow blend with added translucent & white canes, along with some hearts. (Why hearts? Because Valentine’s Day is just around the corner & it has me in a “heart mood.”)
- A sneak-peak at my new cane book. I’m busily Gesso-ing the pages so they can be decorated. Woot!
- My zipper cane for the 52 Weeks of Canes (tutorial will be published Friday).
- Last, but not least, my Stroppel Cane. One of my favorites (Thanks Alice Stroppel). I always have a Stroppel Cane on my worktable. I put oodles of things into them. Not only are they fun, but you can create some really interesting stuff!
How to Make the Stroppel Cane
with Alice Stroppel
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!