WIP Wednesday in the Summer
Posted on June 3, 2015 in Work In Progress by Katie
in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
The Week in Review
As usual, my week included a lot of tutorial idea forming, character design, writing, & even some goofing off in the studio. It really doesn’t matter what week it is, there’s always a lot going on in my studio. I relish my downtime, even in the summer. So I work hard all day, ensuring that when my hubby comes home, I’m all his. Sadly, again this week I haven’t been near as good about taking photos of my WIP. I’ll really have to buckle down and work on this. You can always see my “behind the scenes” glimpses and work on Instagram as well so be sure to follow me there.
I’d love to see what you’re working on too. Feel free to share with me what you’re working on in the comments below. Post a link to your WIP post or a photo.
Here’s what happened in my polymer clay studio over this past week.
- Oh just a fun little glamour shot in the studio. Why? Because my studio brings me joy. Can’t you tell?
- I’m not the only one who gets glamour shots. Here’s this week’s #2015PCChallenge dragons fresh out of the oven. They still have to undergo their detail work and their stringing.
- I got a new “studio watch.” I have a gorgeous (and very expensive watch) that I love. It’s powered by the sun, so it will never need a battery. You know what though, it’s so nice, I don’t wear it to clay. So … I got a relatively inexpensive iKen watch (look online for a coupon to save). I won’t feel bad about wearing this in the studio. HUGE, heavy, durable, and if a part breaks or I tire of the colors … I just replace those parts. I got it in KatersAcres colors, naturally: green band for “Acres”, yellow casing for Parker, Pink dial for Lolly, and blue face for Nimbus.
- A typical morning shot. Usually most of my day on Monday & Tuesday is spent writing. So this little photo is to remind all you creatives out there that KatersAcres isn’t just brightly colored clay and fun things. But that there’s work. planning, logs, & so much more that goes in here. I hope each of you appreciate the LOVE that I pour into this for you.
- This past week my studio had an unannounced visitor. My hubby. He came home early to surprise me. Can you tell I was surprised?
- I’m working on making the perfect black mica clay recipe for you. Here’s a snapshot of the dirty and gritty experiment.
- Oh how much I love to tear, rip, & stack clay to make an unexpected cane! Here’s a sample of a fun random section.
- My newest tutorial, the American Bald Eagle, is available for instant download here on the site now. Here’s my little patriotic fellow I made just in time for the 4th of July! Get the supplies list here. Get the tutorial here.
Polymer Clay Inspiration & News:
Want to be an artist of mention or inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work or blogs caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!