WIP Wednesday: Meet Maci
Posted on August 12, 2015 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
WIP Wednesday: Meet Maci
Where Have I Been?
That’s a GREAT Question.
Don’t Worry – I’m Okay!
I have received several concerned emails, questions, and so much more from each of you, my wonderful readers. I’m so blessed that you were worried about me. It’s been a rough 4 weeks to say the least. I posted what happened earlier, but in case you missed it …
- I went on vacation.
- While away on vacation I became extremely ill.
- I was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Florida, where I was admitted for 4 days.
- When I returned, not only was my WiFi not working, but my computer was desperately sick. (And by sick on mean on the verge of death).
- After a trip to the Apple store and finding out that indeed my computer was very sick (and indeed dying), I had to purchase a new one.
- Meanwhile I desperately tried to nurse my old one to a place where I could back up everything, one last time.
- So … a big thanks to my friends for helping me upload projects from their computers. A big thanks to my hubby for allowing me to steal his computer from time-to-time (and long enough to write this post). And a BIG thanks to the Apple Genius who did not laugh at me or think me “odd” when I began to shed a few tears over my computer’s demise.
So who’s that lovely piece of technology above? That lovely piece of technology above is my new executive assistant, Maci. About the only things she can’t do are make me coffee & play with clay with me. She’s super powerful, way too expensive, and worth every single penny.
My last computer (which sadly did not have a name, I know that’s embarrassing, isn’t it?) served me for 5 years very well. I used it, loved it, and most likely abused it at one point in time or another. It is now sitting dead, collecting dust, and gently weeping over his demise … or not. I panicked upon his death, had to make new arrangements for 2016 project deadlines, beg & borrow from hubby and friends … but we survived!
Maci needed a little bit of help setting her up. I did it myself from scratch so I could still use her while she was downloading and getting things set up. After a few “surprises” and a trip to the Apple Store, she is perfect, super fast, & everything I need her to be. So while this WIP Wednesday is NOT about polymer clay, it is about my new computer … my Apple MacBook Pro, Maci.
Thanks for joining me today,