Carmex Challenge: The Beginning
Posted on April 23, 2012 in Life by Katie Oskin
I posted on Saturday that I would be beginning a Carmex challenge. This challenge was brought on by Carma Labs itself. So I began the challenge last night. I put medicated lip balm on my lips every night before bed. In the past it has been Blistex Medicated (in the tub of course, my favorite). But…we’re taking the challenge and I used Original Carmex in the tub.
In my previous post I stated I was looking for the following things from my “every day” lip balm:
- nourishing properties that keep chapped lips at bay
- non-greasy feeling
- supreme moisture
- quick and easy application
- a lip balm that lasts and does not wear off easily
After ONE NIGHT here’s my findings.
- The same quick, easy, application as I am used to. Put finger in tub, rub on balm, rub balm on lips…easy.
- As I first placed the balm on my lips, I felt a tingle…not as much of a tingle as my previous lip balm, but a tingle none the less. This made me feel like the lip balm would be “doing some good” as it sat on my lips overnight.
- I woke up several times during the night to get a drink of water that I keep next to my bed…Carmex stayed on! This was impressive.
- My lips were not caked with “slime” in the morning, left behind by the lip balm. Thumbs Up Carmex!
- Here was the ONLY down side, I woke up with a funny taste in my mouth. Was it the Carmex? Perhaps. Was it the “well water?” Perhaps. Only time will tell.
So far, so good. I will keep experimenting with this lip balm and keep you up to date on my findings.
- I will also post the picture of the freshly made Carmex polymer clay tub topper that now sits by my bedside in a few days with my next Carmex update.
- I will continue to experiment and use this lip balm and blog about its results.
- Look for NEW Carmex toppers in our store.