2016 Polymer Clay Challenge
Posted on December 28, 2015 in Polymer Clay Challenge by Katie
Join the 2016 Polymer Clay Challenge
Commit to Making Polymer Clay a Weekly Event
What happens when you dedicate just one year to your craft? As a general rule of thumb, not only do you become more proficient & skilled as an artist, but you learn what you like and what you don’t like, as well as what makes you happy! If you work with polymer clay as you main medium, I challenge you! That’s right, I challenge you! I challenge you to start and finish one project a week. Last year (2015) a group of talented and inspired polymer clay artists joined together and committed to making no less than ONE polymer clay item a week. This year, we are doing it again with the 2016 Polymer Clay Challenge.
Polymer Clay Community Challenge
You might be thinking that a year long challenge is easy …or you may be thinking that sounds hard. You can decide how frequent you need your challenge to be. If one item a week is too easy for you, try two items a week or maybe even an item a day for a year. The point of this project is to work at minimum every week with polymer clay. There are LOTS of things you can do … be creative, but make a commitment to it.
How to Join
- Make a decision what you will commit to making from clay during the course of 2016.
- Write a blog post announcing your commitment to join the 2016 Polymer Clay Challenge (if you have a blog) with a link back to THIS announcement page.
- Writing down your commitment in a public place will help to hold you accountable and is the FIRST step in achieving your goal.
- Leave your name and website in the Facebook Group linking your written statement of what you will commit to making with polymer clay in 2016.
- Example: Katie Oskin, One dragon per week (my 2015 challenge topic); http://katersacres.com
- Throughout the year, write a blog post, FB announcement or other online written statement and tell us (the polymer clay community) how you are doing.
- We want to see your work and want you to be able to share it with the world too. I write my posts weekly, but you may do it as your schedule allows.
- Share throughout social media using #2016PCchallenge
- Join the FaceBook Group here.
This is a free endeavor with no strings attached! Simply challenge yourself & commit to being creative in 2016.
Projects You Can Join to Help You Clay
Will you join with me and declare 2016 as the “Year of Polymer Clay” around the globe! Here are some awesome things that are going on that YOU can do too!
- Polymer Clay Adventure – In case you haven’t heard (which you likely have) there’s an online retreat happening for the second year in a row. (Read the post about it here). I am one of 22 teachers. There will be 24 projects that will help to get your creative juices flowing! JOIN HERE. Please note that this is a paid retreat and is not free.
- Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club – This subscription is for artists who enjoy sculpting and making whimsical figurines. For a small fee you receive 2 PDF tutorials a month. (Get more details here).
- Cane Builder eZine – One of my favorite polymer subscriptions is to the renowned Meg Newberg’s eZine. Every month you get a new millefiori cane tutorial to try on your own. Read the review here. Please note this is also a paid subscription. SIGN UP HERE.
- Christi Friesen’s NEW Creative Neighborhood – Christi Friesen’s new monthly paid subscription neighborhood. CHECK IT OUT NOW.
- Purchase Tutorials &/or Books from Reputable Sources
- Search Online for Free Tutorials
Thanks for joining me today,