Polymer Clay Circus Sign Tutorial
Posted on August 9, 2016 in Tutorials by Katie Oskin
Polymer Clay Tutorial
Circus Sign Tutorial
This tutorial is for a very easy & quick polymer clay circus sign to accompany your other circus items for August.
This month here at Kater’s Acres, we are exploring the Circus! There’s lots of opportunities to be creative with circus designs and projects, use your imagination and have fun.
- Gather white, blue, red, & yellow polymer clays.
- Cut a template of a sign shape you like (or freehand your own design).
- Use an x-acto knife to cute the shape from a sheet of clay rolled on the 2nd largest setting of your pasta machine.
- Roll a long snake of both yellow and red polymer clays evenly on your work surface.
- Use these two colors to outline your sign shape.
- Place a few “balls” of color on the sign by first indenting a round shape and placing the small ball into the hole to help cradle it.
- Cut the word “circus” from a sheet of white clay rolled on the 2nd thinnest setting of your pasta machine.
- Add your letters to your background in whatever manner pleases you.
- Bake in a polymer clay dedicated oven for 45 minutes at 275 degree Fahrenheit.
2016 Polymer Clay Adventure
Because I cherish the opportunity to share what I know with each of you, I am honored to teach for the 2nd year at the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure. This year I am teaching a class I’ve entitled “Circus.” Why, because there are few memories of childhood that makes me as happy as remembering going to the Circus. From the local Shriner’s Circus to Barnum & Bailey’s … the circus is just plain fun. I hope that each and every one of you who take my class will have fun along the way while learning to create your own articulated lion.
More Circus Fun with Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club
This month Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club Members will be receiving 3 PDF tutorials themed around the Circus. The first was this adorable pair of clowns. 2 other fun tutorials will be coming later this month too. If you would like to join Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club there is a current discount to join the Club. You can get 2 PDF tutorials a month for just $9.95, that’s less than $5 per tutorial!
Thanks for joining me today,
Free polymer clay tutorials are made possible by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club Members. Join the Club now!