Homemade Latte Recipe?
I love lattes. Of course, I love coffee. But here’s one thing I don’t like: the $4 price tag that comes with my latte from any of the local coffee shops, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts…you name it. Despite my love of a hot latte, it’s rarely worth its $4 pricetag. So, craving a latte so badly that I had a burning desire to drive out and find one last week, I decided…I know that I can make a latte at home without any fancy equipment…couldn’t I?
So…off to my kitchen I went following a fairly straight forward recipe I found online. The only “special equipment” that you need for this is a French Press, and being the coffee fanatic I am, I acutally have one!
Special Equipment Needed: French Press
My homemade latte recipe is similar to the above link, but I use the milk foam too, making my recipe a latte instead of a cappuccino.
– 1/3 cup HOT 2% milk
– 2 T homemade coffee creamer
– 1 Extra Bold 4oz Keurig Kcup (or 1 shot espresso)
– French Press to Froth Milk
Time: 2 Minutes
Calorie Count: 67 per serving using the above ingredients
Cost Per Serving: $0.55
– Choose BIG mug & add 4oz extra bold coffee OR 1 shot espresso
– Microwave milk w/ creamer in glass french press jar (about 60 seconds or until hot, be careful not to burn the milk)
– Froth milk (use french press and pump up and down like you are churning butter.) The milk will triple in size
– Add milk to coffee serving / espresso
Sometimes I’ll add a squeeze of caramel syrup around the inside of the glass before I add the coffee or cream, this adds a little sweetness and flavor to the latte. My husband, loving chocolate, likes chocolate syrup on the inside of his mug. And let’s not forget for all of you true latte lovers, a squirt of whipped cream…MMMmmm – Heaven! For extra “spice” add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the foam, or a few chocolate shavings to dress it up.
Having simple luxuries at home on the cheap makes me feel like a queen & the most financial savvy person around! Since I discovered this recipe and easy way to make a latte at home, my husband and I have enjoyed 10 lattes in our home since this discovery…and the one I’m sipping as I write this, oh yeah, it’s number 11.