Polymer Clay Book Review
It’s time to begin … another Christi Friesen book. This is the second to the last book that we will conquer together for the Friesen Project of 2013. So, without any further ado, let’s open up the book and get started!
Polymer Clay Book Review
Christi has done a fabulous job with this book! Printed in 2008, you’ll see pieces, parts, & hints of her other books in this one including her newest Flourish: Flora, Birds, & others. If you are a person who gets easily bored with one type or style of claying, then you will love this book. It’s got a little bit of everything for everyone! From plant life, creatures, animals, a few holiday things, under the sea, people, and a gallery of photos both in the back and along the way to inspire you. As always, Christi does a great job of explaining all her steps with dazzling photos and great descriptions … did I mention she’s funny too?
What You Will Need This Month
- Christi Friesen’s Polymer Clay & Mixed Media: Together at Last
- Your choice of polymer clay – at maximum 3 blocks per week all in your choice of colors for each project
- Lampwork Beads – The really cool kind
- 1 – 3×5 glass mirror to decorate
- 1 – Picture frame, your choice of size, shape, & color
- Mica Powders (Several Options – My preference is Perfect Pearl Set as they are permanent & do not require a finish due to the resin )
- Variety of Chalks & Inks to use as accents
- Acrylic paint in a dark color to use to add an “antique” effect – my preference is brown or sienna
- Acrylic paint brush (please use a different brush for mica powders, chalks, paint, & gloss finishes)
- Baby wipes or soft sponge
- Tiny-medium sized beads and/or gemstones for eyes and embellishments
- Other lampwork, glass, or gemstone beads to use as focal points
- Metal Craft Wire (I prefer 24-28gauge but any flexible soft wire will do)
- Sculpting tools
Major Project Listing
Remember, tutorials can not be completed without the book. Please order the book here.
Oct. 25 – Funky Flowers – Page 44
(Get excited & make OODLES of these fun flowers!)
Nov. 1 – Quetzalcoatl Calls – Page 126
Nov. 8 – Lizard – Page 81
Nov. 15 – Grape Expectations – Page 24
Nov. 22 – Thor’s Dragon-Serpent – Page 112
Nov. 29 – Little Water World – Page 95
If there’s a project in this book you want to do but is not listed above, feel free to have a go at it!
The Friesen Project
The Friesen Project is done in conjunction with Christi Friesen. All tutorials are retaught here with her expressed permission. Please make sure to read about the project here, and get answers to the most common FAQS here. If you would like to join the project, feel free to sign up here.