5 Days of Ornaments:
The countdown is on with another polymer clay christmas ornament tutorial! Are you ready for Christmas? If not, this week we’re taking 5 days to give you 5 FREE Christmas Ornament tutorials. If you missed ANY days of this ornament series so far CLICK HERE to see them all. The 5 Days of Ornaments series continues with this super simple polymer clay tutorial for a Santa Claus ornament.
— Kater’s Acres (@katersacres) December 17, 2015
- Premo! Polymer Clay
- Clay Blade or x-acto knife
- 2 Black Glass “E”-beads
- Eye Pin
- Bake & Bond or TLS
- Pasta Machine
- Polymer Clay Oven
- Mica Powders
- Ultra-fine Glitters
- Varnish to seal pieces
- Acrylic paints to add an antique finish
- Baby Wipes to clean your hands
- Instant Hand Sanitizer or Rubbing Alcohol
- Polymer Clay Hand Scrub – Get My Recipe Here
This polymer clay christmas ornament tutorial for this jolly Santa can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes. Make one or several. Use them as small gifts, stocking stuffer, or even to tie onto packages for cute doses of whimsical Christmas fun. ENJOY!
FREE Polymer Clay
Christmas Ornament Tutorial
5 Days of Ornaments – Project Three, Santa Claus
- Fully condition your clays for this project. Get additional help on conditioning here.
- Using a hazelnut sized portion of luminescent skin colored clay, roll it into a ball.
- Gently flatten this ball using the palm of your hand.
- Add two eyes and a small nose to the clay.
- Roll a walnut sized ball of your glistening snow color into a ball.
- Smash it slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Pinch small sections around the ball.
- TIP: Leave ONE section unpinched to “wrap” around his face as the beard.
- Wrap this beard around your face.
- Add a mustache from more glistening snow colored clay.
- Make a marbled log from your scrap clays.
- Roll them into a teardrop shape.
- Place onto the top of Santa’s head and shape into a pleasing “hat” shape.
- Add a thin rope of glistening snow color to seam where the hat & head connect.
- Texture this band with a needle tool.
- Add another small ball of glistening snow colored clay for the ball on Santa’s hat.
- Add mica powders or blending chalks as preferred.
- Insert an eye pin in the hat area.
- Press the eye pin down firmly into the clay.
- Bake in a 275 degree oven for 45 minutes (if using Premo! polymer clay).
- Once the ornament has cooled (about an hour after baking), remove it from the oven.
- Varnish the ornament if you choose.
- Use as desired.
SHARE WHAT YOU’VE MADE:
Did you use this polymer clay tutorial to make your own creation? Feel free to share it by using
on your social media accounts.
Do you have ideas for another tutorial you’d like me to post here on the blog? Send me your ideas.
Thanks for joining me today,
Free polymer clay tutorials are made possible by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club Members.