Cute & Utterly Adorable – Make Your Own Today:
“Home on the Range” or “Down on the Farm” have fun new meanings this week! On Tuesday, I released a free DIY Polymer Clay Chicken Tutorial for you. If you haven’t gotten your free chicken tutorial, go and get it now! Today’s free tutorial features an adorable polymer clay piggy that you can make to sit around your house, gift to a friend, use as an ornament, or even set in a terrarium. Keep reading to get your DIY polymer clay pig tutorial instructions…
DIY Polymer Clay Pig Tutorial
- Polymer Clay
- Pasta Machine or Acrylic Brayer
- Kemper Circle Cutters
- Tiny-medium sized beads for eyes
- Craft Oven to bake your figurine
- First create your very own custom “pink pig color” blend (I used Mauve Pearl, hot pink, & white premo clays) and condition it thoroughly.
- Run your clay through the pasta machine on the 2nd largest setting.
- Cut a square of clay approximately 3″ x 3″.
- Cut out four large rounds using your Kemper cutter (these will become your feet).
- Cut four smaller rounds using your Kemper cutter (these will become your ears, tail, & nose).
- Roll the remaining sheet into a teardrop shape.
- Flatten the front a little (as shown in bottom left photo).
- Roll all clay rounds into balls keeping the larger rounds separate.
- Now roll the four large rounds into teardrops and attach them as to the bottom of the pig as legs.
- Using the smaller rounds, form two into ears and attach. Form one into a long snake and attach as a tail (make sure to twist & curl it like a piggies’ tail would be). Flatten the last round into a pancake and smoosh onto the front as a nose.
- Embed two round seed beads for eyes.
- Using your dotting tools, add nostril indentations.
- Bake at 265 degrees for 45-60 minutes covered in foil.
- Sign up for my email list to get more FREE tutorials in your email bi-weekly.
Now what could have been more fun than that? I hope you liked this fun & easy polymer clay pig tutorial, please be sure to leave your comments below.
Thanks for joining me today,