2015 Polymer Clay Challenge
Posted on December 2, 2014 in Hints, Tips, & Tricks, Polymer Clay Challenge by Katie
If you are not redirected automatically, follow this link to 2017 POST
Join the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge
Commit to Making Polymer Clay a Weekly Event
What happens when you dedicate just one year to your craft? As a general rule of thumb, not only do you become more proficient & skilled as an artist, but you learn what you like and what you don’t like, as well as what makes you happy! If you work with polymer clay as you main medium, I challenge you! That’s right, I challenge you! I challenge you to start and finish one project a week.
Polymer Clay Community Challenge
You might be thinking that a year long challenge is easy …or you may be thinking that sounds hard. You can decide how frequent you need your challenge to be. If one item a week is too easy for you, try two items a week or maybe even an item a day for a year. The point of this project is to work at minimum every week with polymer clay.
Jacaranda Tree Cane, Week 44 by Wendy Jorre de St Jorre
One of the biggest projects of this past year that I have been following is by polymer clay artist Wendy Jorre de St. Jorre. She took 2014 to make 1 tree cane a week. Check her Flickr pages to see her work. Very kindly, she’s also shared several of those canes in tutorial form on her Flickr as well. Every year I challenge myself to make 52 StoryBook Scenes, that’s one StoryBook Scene a week (you can adopt them here). Several years ago, Lisa Pavelka did 365 Carmex jars, one jar a day … What a huge (but rewarding) undertaking.
There are LOTS of things you can do … be creative, but make a commitment to it.
How to Join
- Make a decision what you will commit to making from clay during the course of 2015.
- Write a blog post announcing your commitment to join the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.
- Grab the button below & add it to your website.
- Leave your name & website in the COMMENTS below linking your written statement of what you will commit to making with polymer clay in 2015.
- Throughout the year, write a blog post and tell us (the polymer clay community) how you are doing.
- Share throughout social media using #2015PCchallenge
- Every month, ONE winner will be chosen by random to win a prize from Kater’s Acres & Parker.
- Join the FaceBook Group here.
This is a free endeavor with no strings attached! Simply challenge yourself & commit to being creative in 2015.
Projects You Can Join to Help You Clay
Here me now, I am making a major proclamation … I am declaring 2015 as the “Year of Polymer Clay” around the globe! Why? Because there are some awesome things that are going on that YOU can do too! Here’s a few of the things you can do:
- Polymer Clay Adventure – In case you haven’t heard (which you likely have) there’s an online retreat happening for the first time ever in history. (Read the post about it here). I am one of 22 teachers. There will be 24 projects that will help to get your creative juices flowing! JOIN HERE. Please note that this is a paid retreat and is not free.
- Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club – This subscription is for artists who enjoy sculpting and making whimsical figurines. For a small fee you receive 2 PDF tutorials a month. (Get more details here). The price will increase in 2015, so be sure to JOIN NOW.
- The Pavelka Project – Lisa Pavelka & I have teamed up to bring you a free project featuring 16 awesome projects, challenges, & prizes throughout the year. (Read about it here). This project is free so please consider joining. SIGN UP HERE.
- Cane Builder eZine – One of my favorite polymer subscriptions is to the renowned Meg Newberg’s eZine. Every month you get a new millefiori cane tutorial to try on your own. Read the review here. Please note this is also a paid subscription. SIGN UP HERE.
- The Friesen Project – Together, Christi Friesen & I hosted “The Friesen Project” in 2013. Thanks to her generosity, this year long project with free weekly tutorials is available now through eMail subscription. JOIN HERE.
- Christi Friesen’s NEW Creative Neighborhood – Christi Friesen’s new monthly paid subscription neighborhood. CHECK IT OUT NOW.
- Lisa Pavelka’s 365 Days of Lip Service – See her 365 Carmex jar toppers, one for every day of the year. Lisa’s boundless creativity will show you that you too can do an undertaking this big as well. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
- Purchase Tutorials &/or Books from Reputable Sources
- Stop by Christi Friesen’s website to snag some of her books, several are now available in eBook format!
- My favorite tutorial writer (also a favorite of many others) is Ginger Davis Allman of The Blue Bottle Tree
- Purchase back issues of Meg’s Cane Builder eZine in her Etsy store.
- Search Online for Free Tutorials
Grab the Button
Joining the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge? Grab this button & add it to your blog or website today!
Be sure to leave your NAME & a LINK to your blog or website in the comments section below if you have joined.
<div align="center"><a href="http://katersacres.com/polyclay/hints/2015-polymer-clay-challenge/" title="2015 Polymer Clay Challenge" target="_blank"><img src="http://katersacres.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2015PCChallenge-Button.png" alt="2015 Polymer Clay Challenge" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Thanks for joining me today,