WIP Wednesday: Back Into the Studio
Posted on December 3, 2014 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
Back In My Polymer Clay Studio
It’s Been Awhile…
Where did WIP Wednesdays go? Well … they disappeared for a bit. Life caught up with me for a bit and had me down and out for a little while. After a 2 week blog hiatus, I came home to a computer who’s temperamental tantrums caused severe issues that took a week to fix (yipes!). As soon as my computer was fixed, my beloved dog, Daisy crossed over Rainbow Bridge. To this day my heart is still broken & aching from saying goodbye to her. It’s at times even difficult to work in my studio because she’s not there with me anymore. But … she was always so happy that I also know she’d want me to carry on! So … I’m doing just that.
Awesome Tutorials for Club Members
While my heart is healing, I’ve been working on more tutorials for Parker’s Club. Parker’s Club offer 2 PDF tutorials a month to subscribers for just a small fee. Get more information on how to join & what you get here. The most recent tutorial “String Bean Santa Claus” was delivered to members just this past week.
Work In Progress Wednesday
- Parker had a great week, including helping to make Rolo treats (one of his favorites) for Thanksgiving festivities.
- String Bean Santa and a few others were made in the studio this past week. You can get the tutorial here.
- Those colored portions of clay are what will become the bodies for the Moose you see on the right of this picture. The moose heads were made with Premo! brown, ecru, copper, & my secret ingredient.
- These Moose heads were made for a custom order. Every year this same lady orders Moose head ornaments for her friends. These were this years Moose-run. Get the tutorial to make a Moose head here.
Weekly Polymer Clay Inspiration
Polymer Clay Santa Art Doll by Lisa Ammerman
This week I am inspired by Lisa Ammerman, who has been a featured artist here on the blog. (Read her interview here). She’s been busy making the cutest handmade polymer clay art dolls in Santas, Snowmen, Snowballs, & Elves too. Each of her unique designs truly captures the fun, joy, & colors of the season.
Visit APieceofLisa on Etsy Now
Weekly Tidbits & Fun
- I received a wonderful surprise this Thanksgiving … my brother surprised me and came home for the holiday. It was so nice to see my brother!
- My cat loves to be in the studio with me … creating chaos, mischief, & destruction everywhere she goes. She also steals my chair. Here’s this week’s photo in the midst of some kitten play time …
- For the first time in 5 years, I didn’t spend ONE PENNY on Black Friday … not ONE penny.
- Don’t forget to check out the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge!
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!