WIP Wednesday in Kater’s Acres Polymer Clay Studio
My First Human Face Sculpture Attempt
Getting All Things Ready
If you’ve been following my posts for long, you know that I feel very passionate about inviting you my reader’s into my studio to see what I’m working on at the moment. This past week I made mostly individual Parker & Lolly figurines for an Art Day I participated in last week. It was a relatively short show compared to some of them that I have done. But when I returned home, it was time to fill several orders & face some projects that I had let linger for awhile.
The picture from this week shows you some of my events from the past week: me demonstrating to a new audience at the Art Day, just one of the 100 bags I handstamped for my adoptive parents to carry their goodies around at the Art Day, my beloved dog Daisy who has finally (after 2 years) decided that the studio is an okay place to be and never leaves my side, and last but not least my Old Man Face.
Old Man Face Sculpture
My “lingering project” for this week was to work on a challenge for a FaceBook group to create jewelry with a “face” theme. It’s no secret that jewelry is rarely my thing … so I started here to see if I could sculpt a realistic face. I really didn’t know what I wanted to do, but as my work progressed, a picture of Father-time kept popping into my head, so I ran with that.
Several people asked me if he was from a mold on my FaceBook page & groups. I assure you that he is not. He can be seen above in several of my process steps from the very beginning to where he ended up when I decided that I was “done” with him. But now comes the hard part …
What Should I Do With Him?
My old man face sculpture is in an oval bezel about 24mm tall. Now that he’s baked and ready to work with … what should I do with him? I’m not sure that I want to incorporate him into jewelry as I will never wear it. Should I incorporate it into something to hang in my studio as inspiration for the future? I’d love to hear your ideas & suggestions. Feel free to leave them below in the comments. I love hearing what my reader’s think.
[hr with top/]
Some Additional Information You Might Want to Know:
- Clay Recipe for this Face Sculpture: 3 parts Super Sculpey to 2 parts Transluscent Premo!
- A Book to Learn From (Full Review Coming Soon): FaeMaker by Dawn Schiller
Weekly Tidbits & Fun:
- At the Art Day this past weekend, my booth was right next to the BBQ truck … I smelled like I’d been to a roast all day when I got home; all I needed was a dash of BBQ sauce.
- I have been staying up so late, well past 11pm, for me this is not normal. I can’t wait to go to bed at a normal hour tonight … like around 10pm would be good.
- I started C25k this past week. I’m only on my first week, but I’m excited to know that eventually my body & my health will change for the better! This is a running training program that in 9 weeks will have me going from “couch” to 5k. Woo hoo!
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!