Inside KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
What’s Going on in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio?
Welcome back to another WIP Wednesday in KatersAcres polymer clay studio. Today not only will you see some things I’ve been working on, but you’ll also get a few of my recommendations as well. ENJOY and don’t forget to join me in the Whimsical Sculpting Clay Group, a free polymer clay FaceBook group.
Works in Progress at KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
- I’ve been working on a lot of mixed media projects lately, which necessitated a craft store run for the ever popular, sequins.
- Never to be without as a polymer clay artist are Adirondack alcohol inks by Tim Holtz. On this day I was using my favorite blue, “stream,” “slate,” and “silver” Mixatives color.
- Before I do one of my mixed media projects, I start with a tile of paper that I coordinate with my color palette and a few stamps I choose to use.
- My little studio, perfectly complete.
- I’ve been doing a lot of mixed media pieces on canvas boards lately. You’ll see upcoming tutorials very soon.
- Looking for a way to mask portions of your polymer clay? If you’re a painter, you likely have Miskit sitting around your home. Grab it and use it on your clay. Since it’s latex, it won’t hurt the clay and as a bonus, it’s more readily available than Kato Repel Gel. Buy a bottle on Amazon here.
- More fantasy faces in progress this week as I work toward my 2016 Polymer Clay Challenge goals. Join the Challenge here.
- A few beautiful brass hearts I grabbed and removed the top layer of patina for an upcoming project. These hearts are from the lovely Brenda of B’Sue Boutiques.
- Last but not least, I am rarely in the studio when one of my children (cat or dog) doesn’t come in to either inspect my work, say hi, or make a nuisance of themselves. This past week Smokie couldn’t get enough of me, she was always in my studio when I was.
Come and Join the Fun!
Online communities are a LOT of fun. Parker is hard at work gathering clay enthusiasts at Parker’s Clay Tribe. It’s a FREE group for anyone who plays with clay on FaceBook. We have swaps, challenges, prizes, and even giveaways. Anyone is welcome to join. Parker’s Clay Tribe is sponsored by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club. Consider becoming a member and learn to make your own whimsical creations.
The Polymer Clay Adventure (Year Two) Has Begun!
Hundreds of people have now signed up for the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure (including yours truly). Are you one of them? I can’t stress to you enough how phenomenal this Adventure is. You get to try a wide variety of projects, techniques, and styles. Right now we just finished Suzanne Ivester’s unique class on making a potato vessel. There are now three ways to pay for your Adventure: full payment, a gift for someone you love, or pay for it over 3 monthly installments.
THIS WEEK SAVE 20% OFF TOO! Was $99, Now $80!
My favorite by far this year is Laurie Mika’s home and studio tour and he tiny tin shrines class. WOW! What fun. You can read about my project I did from her class here. This course is just one of 23 others that you will be taking in the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP NOW
FYI: I do tend to post photos on Instagram during the week so you can follow and stay up to date with me and what I’m working on (and get a surprise coupon every once and awhile too). Feel free to come over and follow me on instagram so that you can see behind the scenes work in my studio as well as some tips & tricks as I post them.