Christmas is Coming!
There … I broke the news. For those of you who are in denial, there are only 8 weeks left until Christmas. What does this mean? It means that for me & my store there are oodles of things to get done. Oodles of custom ornaments, custom Parker ornaments, & gifts for family & friends. I’ll be honest, this time of year is pretty rough on me. I seem to work longer than I sleep. But I’m thankful to each of you for your support & your adoptions. Now … let’s get on with the WIP (Work in Progress) part of this post.
- One of my return customers & her family collects pickles. Every year she returns to my store and adopts a new pickle ornament. Generally she likes hers customized with the year as well. This years ornament is all those pickles dangling off a branch as you see above.
- Photo time! I’ve been trying to take some outdoor photos to change the “look” and “feel” of my Etsy shop. One of those include taking all my dragons outside to photograph. After all, Dragons do live outside you know. (Follow me on Instagram to see more behind the scenes photos).
- Baby Gifts: Animals are a very popular gift (and cake topper) for new Moms. A special young lady in our church is having her shower this week and I’m making her a special set of baby blocks. You can see the custom blends (made to match her quilt) and the blocks. This project is not near finished and I only have 36 hours left to finish it. EEP!
- Planning: Before I leave for my second honeymoon, I have been diligently utilizing my planner to make sure that all my “i’s” are dotted and all my “t’s” are crossed. This is the one thing that I do NOT like about going on vacation … getting ready to close up shop for a bit. There’s always that last minute “panic” that sets in.
This week I am inspired by the new release ornaments from Jennifer Walker of The Air Castle on Etsy. Since I mentioned Christmas above, it’s only appropriate to showcase her gorgeous new ornaments. And as an AWESOME offer each ornament comes in a handsome box for just $15 each (plus shipping). In her Etsy store, Jennifer makes some fabulous cake toppers and all kinds of animals (just like me). The roundness in her figurines and attention to detail ensures that with just one look, you can tell it’s hers.
Weekly Tid-Bits & Fun:
- We are really excited here in my house for our 2nd honeymoon. In fact, my hubby even dared to wear his “Real Men Wear Mickey Ears” shirt to work this week. And yes … that coffee cup is the one he uses every day. No one in this home is excited …
- Be sure to follow me on Instagram, you’ll get to see LOTS of pictures of Parker traveling all around the United States.
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!