Work In Progress (WIP) Wednesday
Wow! It has been a blustery and COLD week here at KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio. The temperature has been in sub-zero temperatures, with the high yesterday reaching -1 degrees Fahrenheit. YIPES!
Work In Progress This Week:
Despite the cold, I have managed to keep working & claying away in my studio. Here’s a few snapshots of some of the things I got accomplished this week (clockwise from top left):
- NEW Sculpted Rose Tutorial – Part of the Tutorial Club. This tutorial will release in February 2014 for individual purchase in my Etsy store.
- The weather was so bad the our internet was so slow, I pulled out BOTH my iPad & my computer to get my work for all my claying friends done.
- I’ve been so busy in my studio lately that my scrap clay pile has grown to enormous proportions and may in fact be the biggest it has ever been! Want to know what to do with scrap clay? Get a tutorial.
- I’m part of the 52 Canes a Year FaceBook Group and this is my cane for the week. On Friday I will post bigger pictures and a fantastic free tutorial from online.
- My newest Parker for Valentine’s Day! He’s super cute & ready to be adopted; Ships next day.
- I’ve been so busy doing a lot of random projects in my studio, my “ready to use” and unblended clay being store in my floss box has almost outgrown itself. See how to store clay here.
- My newest Lolly for Valentine’s Day! She’s pulling a wagon full of hearts and is ready to be adopted; ships next day.
- My most popular pin for the week, how to make a leaf texture plate mini-tutorial here.
- More of my canes for the week reduced.
- And two bases, all ready for a Parker or Lolly StoryBook Scene to be added.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas! See more WIP Wednesdays & get project ideas here.
Parker’s Winter Forest Stroll, StoryBook Scene by KatersAcres$75.00
Blueberry Parker, Open Edition – Made to Order$24.95
Graduation Parker, Personalize & Celebrate Your Graduate$32.50 – $34.95
Gummy Bear Parker Series, Limited Edition Polymer Clay Figurines$29.95 – $32.50
Chicken Egg Basket Parker, Limited Edition Polymer Clay FigurineProduct on sale
Steampunk Parker, Limited Edition Polymer Clay Figurine$27.50
St. Patrick’s Day Parker, Limited Edition Polymer Clay Figurine$25.00 – $27.50
Valentine’s Day Parker, Limited Edition Polymer Clay Figurine$25.00
Valentine’s Day Parker, Handmade Polymer Clay Figurine$25.00
Gingerbread Parker & Lolly Storybook Scene by Kater’s Acres$75.00
Reindeer Rudolf Parker, Handmade Polymer Clay Ornament$32.50
Witch & Frankenstein’s Monster Parker & Lolly Set – Special Halloween Set$54.95
5 thoughts on “Work in Progress Wednesday: Valentine’s Day”
Your list looks like you’ve been busy! I am working on my new Spring/ Summer 2014 Collection so hopefully I will be done with that soon.
What are you making for your spring / summer collection Ashley?
What am I working on right now?
Experimenting with alcohol inks, embossing powders and using rubbing alcohol to smooth out finger prints (and nail marks.. darn them)
Right now I’m just finishing up a free-hand sculpt of a blue, blooming rose on a branch for a commission.
A project I’m hoping to tackle in the future is more foils, and what to do with dry, crumbly clay.
However I think before that, I should reorganize my work area and free it from the Christmas Clutter that seems to have descended on it…
And I’m going to have to tackle making my own texture plate… >_> Thanks for that Katers!
I love alcohol inks. Ginger of Blue Bottle Tree has some awesome posts on using alcohol inks in your clay work. I love the look of delicately sculpted roses in clay. So gorgeous. One day I’m going to make myself a dozen of them on long stems to display on my dining room table.
I can’t clay unless my work area is clean. I don’t know why … I’m just more creative that way.
Good luck on your texture plate! They are so much fun to make!
Ohh thanks for that! I’ll have to pop over there and see what they’ve got for the inks.
So far they’ve been fun, but I think I’m being too safe / tame with them.
I’ve a plan to make a right mess tonight, so fingers crossed! 😀
The roses are fun, but I’ve been having a problem with the clay getting too soft / sticky, and then sticking to my gloves, then distorting. XP