Welcome back to the Pavelka Project! This month we are working on another technique using leafing and foils. Any of the techniques you are using can be used in your pieces in the future.
- Book Being Used: The Complete Book of Polymer Clay by Lisa Pavelka
- Project Page: 90-99 and following
- Project: Foiling & Leafing Techniques
- Project Due Date: April 30, 2015
- Polymer clay
- *Plastic Spoon
- Foils for polymer clay
- Metal Leaf
- *Wooden frame or platform
- Magic Glos or other Resin to cover & coat your pendants
- UV Light to cure resin
- Baby wipes or soft sponge
- Sculpting tools
- *Salt scrub to clean your hands (Get my recipe HERE)
* Denotes optional supplies
What You Are Going to Make
This month we are doing a very open ended project. What does this mean? It means you are going to create your own project! You can make whatever you’d like this month. The only requirement is that you must use a foiling or leafing technique in Lisa’s book.
To be entered to WIN a prize you must:
- Using Lisa’s book as a guide create at least ONE item from polymer clay using one of her 5 foiling & leafing techniques.
- You must either email me a photo of the item you created OR add the photo to the folder in our FaceBook group.
- ALL Projects are due April 30th to be eligible for the prize. No exceptions.
- Out of courtesy: If you do a blog post showcasing your project, be sure to use mention the artist(s) or techniques you are using (in addition to Lisa’s foiling or leafing techniques) and if possible provide a link directly to them.