POLYMER CLAY PASTA MACHINE HELP
Make Your Own
Pasta Machine Wedge
Using a wedge in your pasta machine will allow you to control the size of your blends.
If you make a lot of blends with clay, I’m sure there’s been at least one time or two when your blend has gotten too wide and isn’t long enough. If this happens to you, not to worry, you are not alone.
Don’t worry, you are not the only one who needs some pasta machine help! There are lots of ways to get your blend resized without losing all your hard work. All you need to do is perform a basic search to find lots of hints, tips, and tricks. In fact, just this week, Cindy Lietz (the Polymer Clay Tutor) released her own video tip on how to reduce the size of your blend! You can watch the video at the end of this post. It’s a great tip and one you won’t want to miss.
How to Make Your Own Wedge
Making your own wedge could not be easier. All you need to do is gather up some scrap clay. You can make your blend you will use for this slightly streaked or blend all the clay together (which is what I chose to do).
- Condition your clay.
- Roll your clay into a ball.
- Then, roll your clay into a thick snake.
- Next place the clay in between the pasta machine‘s rollers (up against one edge).
- Now, gently “smoosh” the clay down onto the rollers.
- Using your fingers, make the top as even as possible.
- Next, gently remove the clay from your rollers.
- Place the wedge on it’s top on your work surface.
- Using your clay blade, trim the side that would face the middle of the pasta machine to make a straight edge.
- NOTE: DO NOT cut your clay while it’s in the pasta machine! It could easily scratch your rollers and you don’t want that to happen!
- Place the wedge back in the pasta machine and make sure it is “snug.”
- Gently remove the wedge.
- Place on your baking tray, top down, and cover with foil.
- Bake in your polymer clay dedicated oven for 60 minutes at 270 degrees.
How to Use Your Wedge
The next time you are working with your clay and making a blend, use your wedge to help control the size of your blend! Simply place your wedge against the side of your pasta machine. Roll your clay like normal, the wedge will help control the size. Remember, you can make your wedge any size you’d like. I have wedges in many different lengths to help change the size of my blend. Some I’ve had for years, others (like the monster 4″ wedge shown above) are brand new.
Thanks for joining me today,
Want to see how I store all my tutorials I’ve collected from the internet? Check it out here…
[hr with=top /]