How to Make a Pumpkin from Polymer Clay Tutorial
Posted on July 30, 2013 in Tutorials by Katie
Fall is just around the corner. To help you get ready, here is a quick and easy polymer clay pumpkin tutorial that you can do yourself without any fancy tools or equipment.
- Condition your clay fully
- Use any size ball of clay that you want your pumpkin to be.
- Roll into a perfect ball and set it on your work surface.
- Using your dotters (or the end of a paint brush as shown) poke a gentle hole in the top of your circle.
- Using a needle tool place the tool on the top ridge of the opening and ROLL the round toward the bottom.
- Repeat this process as many times as you want until your pumpkin has the rounded “pumpkin” look.
- NOTE: I generally make 8-9 segments per pumpkin.
- Then sculpt a simple leaf shape and insert it into one side of the hole.
- Make a simple stem and also push it into the hole.
- That’s it – you’re done!
- Bake your pumpkin according to the directions on the package!
Don’t forget to sign up for our free emails to get more sculpting tutorials weekly!
Thanks for joining me today,