A Behind the Scenes Look Into My Polymer Clay Studio
This January overview will hit the high points of our WIP Wednesday for the month. Why just the highlights? Because as a working full-time polymer studio, there’s always a lot of things that go on here in NW Pennsylvania that I can’t always share. The reason is because sometimes they are for upcoming tutorials, super secret collaborations or future projects. In other words, I can’t always share everything I’m working on, but I can share some things with you. Today’s WIP Wednesday features a few things you may have seen already if you follow me on Instagram as well as a whole bunch of new stuff you may not have seen before.
Here’s some fun glimpses into what’s been going in this January overview here in my polymer clay studio (clockwise from top left):
- Did you see Monday’s Newsletter? If not than you missed the announcement that this is week 4 of the #2017PCChallenge. Don’t worry if you’re a little behind. There’s still time to get caught up.
- This “Love Bug” mask is the mask I’ve been wearing the past several weeks. I caught the nasty respiratory virus going around. For those of you who know, I have Cystic Fibrosis [you can follow my journey here] and this virus has sent me into a tailspin this winter. This mask was made for me by my Mom and has been my friend when I go out in public lately.
- These two cuff bracelets were made using Teresa Pandora Salgado’s EasyCuff Kit. [Read the review here]. Making these two bracelets was how I relaxed in the studio this week.
- To make the flower bracelet, I wanted to go bold with black and white. I used some old mini black and white canes to set to tone of my middle sized cuff in the EasyCuff Kit.
- I love making custom color palettes [learn how here] and my most recent commission required just such a palette. These 7 small nutcrackers are a very small version of their 7″ tall doll from this tutorial.
- Last but not least, these little feet are the feet of the newest ‘Schrume, Dell. Dell is a farmer ‘Schrume and is the newest ‘Schrume up for adoption. He’s also part of the 2017 Polymer Clay Challenge in our journey for 2017 of ‘personality.‘
COMMENT BELOW: Where has your clay journey taken you this January? Any surprises, challenges, or victories? Leave your response in the comments below.
Notes and Tidbits:
- Our bi-monthly newsletter is jammed packed with information, tips, tricks, & things going on here at KatersAcres you won’t want to miss. Miss the recent issue? Get it here and sign-up so you don’t miss the next one too.
- Synergy 4 registration is open, register here.
- Wondering what sealers work on polymer clay? Check The Blue Bottle Tree for more information.
- It’s week 4 of the #2017PCChallenge and it’s not tool late to join the fun. Come on over and join the 2017 Polymer Clay Challenge.
- Scott Publications is closing Polymer Cafe Magazine. Read the details here.
- The long awaited Polymer Clay Adventure for 2017 has launched and the projects are great. Don’t hesitate to check it out.
- Check out this DIY turtle cane bracelet tutorial from Mo Clay on YouTube.
- Looking for polymer clay inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest.
- Don’t miss The Polymer Arts Blog. Lots of great inspiration, challenges, and gorgeous eye candy weekly.