Since I was away for several weeks due to hospitalization, I’ve been working hard to get caught up. It’s been quite the challenge this time around too. I’m behind on orders & tutorials. There’s a lot to be done. But, my “to-do list” is helping keep me on track.
Click HERE to see why having a “to do list” is important for your business.
Now let’s get to the fun stuff. Here’s what’s going on in my studio lately.
- Color palettes: We all know I love color, but more than that, I love making new colors. Often these colors are not from a color recipe. I use a bit of this and a bit of that and end up with some lovely variations. While I can not give you recipes for many of the palettes featured in my WIP Wednesday series, I do have other color recipes HERE.
- Tutorial Writing: I’m in the process of writing new tutorials for a couple outside sources. The one shown at left is for children & uses Bake Shop clay.
- Change of Scenery: I spent some time this past week out of town due to Dr’s appointments and my IV schedule. So … I worked in a different environment: Dunkin’ Donuts. I get so much accomplished. I think a change in scenery should be a pre-requisite for me every 2 weeks. I’ll be starting that this summer & keep you posted how it’s going.
- Polymer Clay Cane Slicer: In case you missed it, click HERE to see my new polymer clay cane slicer (that my Dad made me) in action on his workbench.
Polymer Clay Inspiration & News:
- This has been a great week for polymer clay and inspiration! I urge all of you to come over to my FaceBook pages and see all the good things I’m sharing from other artists.
- One of my favorites, J. Pollard is now back from her surgery & is creating once again. Here’s her latest fairy.
- There’s lots of new exciting things going on at the Polymer Clay Adventure, please feel free to join us here.
- I’m working up a HUGE workshop … details will come later. You won’t want to miss this. Be sure you are SIGNED UP (sign up in the box at the top right of the page) for my email to get first dibs & early bird pricing. Seats are limited.
Weekly TidBits & Fun:
- In addition to trying to get caught up, I’m also hard at work raising my new assistant (see the announcement HERE). So far she can sit, up, fetch, stay, come & knows her name. Not bad for 13 weeks. This week we started playing fetch outside. Despite being easily distracted, she had a good time.
- It’s trying hard to be spring here, but we’re still stuck with cold(ish) weather in the high 30’s and dipping down into the high teens later this week. I love winter, but I’m ready for spring. I really want to sit outside!
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!