Color & Fun
Like other week’s, there’s been a lot going on in my studio. I’m going away for about 10 days with my Mom, so next week the blog will be a little slow. Because of that I’ve been diligently preparing the upcoming tutorials that will be released at the beginning and ends of February. That being said, here’s a glimpse of what I’ve been doing…
- I’ve been making a bunch of beautiful skinner blends for flowers, petals, & so much more.
- PETALS: Here’s some of the petals (before adding texture) that came from the beautiful blend above.
- Giant Buttons: I made this super huge button as an accessory for some new clothing, however, after it baked that color shifted and now it’s too dark. I have worked with clay long enough to know that colors shift when baking, but I forgot and didn’t take that into account when I made the flower. This flower was made using my reversible 2-in-1 cane. Get the tutorial here.
- When trying to choose a texture this week, I couldn’t get away from flowers, so I chose a Christi Friesen texture that I just love, “In the Meadow.” Click to buy it from Christi here.
- And my love of Mica powders continues this week with Pink Gold, Duo Red-Blue, & Violet.
- And here’s a SNEAK PEAK at a new little cutie that’s being released later today in my Etsy shop with a more in-depth look here on the blog.
Polymer Clay Community News & Updates
- Your projects for the 2015 Pavelka Project & the Carmex Challenge (also for the Pavelka Project) are due on FRIDAY, Jan. 31st. If you want to be entered to win the prize, don’t forget to do so!
- The Polymer Clay Adventure introduces it’s next teacher on Friday, the gorgeous and funny Teresa Pandora Salgado.
- Christi Friesen’s Neighborhood will be active at the end of February, don’t wait, join now and get the early bird special of $19.99 a month.
- I’ve been so busy in my studio this week I haven’t been able to keep up on FB or Pinterest this week, so I have NO artist of inspiration for you today. SORRY! Keep in mind that both my KatersAcres page & my Katie Oskin Artist page on FaceBook continuously share work I find inspiring as well. Perhaps the next two weeks will be better.
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.