In case you’re new here, WIP Wednesday is a weekly post featuring what I’ve been working on in my studio. Hence, WIP (Work in progress) The only time I do not run a WIP Wednesday post is when my blog is closed for vacation (which is just a few times a year). On WIP Wednesday’s you are free to leave a link to whatever it is you are working on in the comments section or shout-outs to YOUR favorite clay happenings.
- Natasha beads! In case you don’t know what they are, you can see this easy project here. This past week I featured a really cool Natasha Bead rack by Dora Arsenalt on my Artist page on FaceBook.
- This is my necklace made for the Bohemian Vibe January Challenge on FaceBook in conjunction with B’Sue Boutiques and Christi Friesen.
- I have had an addiction to Pink Gold Mica Powder lately. It’s been sneaking into ALL of my designs.
- Oodles of Skinner Blend petals were made for my next Club Tutorial coming Feb. 2nd. Get more information here.
- Finally, here’s what all those Natasha Beads are for. I was getting really bored with my seasonal pencil tree that’s in my dining room. Well … now I’ll be bored no more as I fill it with as many Natasha Beads as possible. Thank you Dora Arsenalt for a great idea!
Weekly Polymer Clay Tidbits & Fun:
- Laura Schiller’s newest piece is absolutely breathtaking. Laura is one of my absolute all-time-faborite polymer artists. She has entitled this piece “Nature on the Surface of the Water“
- Christi Friesen is on a new adventure with her SpacePunk finds.
- Laurie Mika, one of the Polymer Clay Adventure teachers, has recently made a new mirror piece in memory of her mother who passed from Alzheimers. Read the article & see her work now.
- Wait until you see this gorgeous dragon from Mystian Fantasy Crafts. So wonderful!
- Do NOT forget to check in on the #PolymerArtChallenge on FaceBook and see some glorious creations.
- Are you still confused about polymer clay? Ginger Davis Allman has a newer post out on the types & brands of clay … as well as what to call them.
Weekly Tidbits & Fun:
You Set Out to Do Something Simple…
- My hubby & I set out to do something fun & simple … adopt a new best pup friend. You may or may not know that our beloved Daisy passed late fall. It has been so hard without her. So … we did what any good family in need of a dog does … we went to the shelter to adopt our “next new best friend.” While everything was hunky-dory, the dog attacked my husband, unprovoked, and we ended up in the ER. Needless to say, we had to take the dog back.
- I set out to do a Pinterest project … cover the cord of my OEM Apple charge cable with embroidery floss so that I could know for sure which one was the “real one.” What Pinterest failed to tell me what that this would take me over an hour per foot of cord. FAIL! So … Here I am, about 6 hours later finally finished with my cord. It’s cute though, right?!
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!