Fun with Veneers – WIP Wednesday
Posted on July 13, 2016 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
Inside KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
Fun with Veneers!
What’s Going on in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio?
Welcome back to another WIP Wednesday in KatersAcres polymer clay studio. Today not only will you see some things I’ve been working on, but you’ll also get a few of my recommendations as well. ENJOY and don’t forget to join me in Parker’s Clay Tribe, a free polymer clay FaceBook group.
Inside KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio – Fun with Veneers
- Parker’s Box: This Ancient Bronze Parker is not available for individual purpose, but went out to all the adoptive parents this month. Parker’s Subscription Box brings a box of Parker fun direct to your door each and every month. Join the fun here.
- Right now the Faux Collage Veneer’s Tutorial is the most popular seller. All of the veneer’s in this photo were made using the steps presented in the tutorial.
- One of the reasons that I LOVE polymer clay is because of it’s ability to become something completely new with each and every step. These two polymer clay pens were made from the exact same veneers using different finishes for the final results. Hard to believe, right?! The brighter colored pen used the new tutorial from our featured artist this month, Shannon Tabor.
- My friend Ginger from The Blue Bottle Tree made her own seascape necklace, which inspired me to make this “Seahorse Reef” necklace as well. Not to mention that this month’s swap is SEAHORSES for Parker’s Clay Tribe. Come and join us.
- The bottom flower photo is a new technique for veneers I’m working on to publish for you. Stay tuned!
- The newest tutorial for KatersAcres features this 4″ lady bug figurine. Quite the cutie-pie! You can learn how to make her and get it now at an introductory price here.
- This really awesome new hieroglyph silkscreen from Tonja’s Treasures on Etsy has been one of my favorites recently. I was blessed to receive a few free samples for her and this was on of them. I love it! Thanks Tonja!
Come and Join the Fun!
Online communities are a LOT of fun. Parker is hard at work gathering clay enthusiasts and has opened up his own clay group: Parker’s Clay Tribe. It’s a FREE group for anyone who plays with clay on FaceBook. We have swaps, challenges, prizes, and even giveaways. Anyone is welcome to join. Parker’s Clay Tribe is sponsored by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club. Consider becoming a member and learn to make your own whimsical creations.
Come & Learn Online with the Polymer Clay Adventure
There are so many unique and wonderful classes at this year’s Polymer Clay Adventure (including one from yours truly). Are you one of the hundreds of people joining in on the fun? I can’t stress to you enough how phenomenal this Adventure is. You get to try a wide variety of projects, techniques, and styles. This Friday Chris Kapono will teach us how to make these lovely peacock themed eggs. If you are not familiar with Chris and her work, CLICK HERE to see her 5 most favorite textures she uses in much of her clay work. I invite each of you to join us for the Adventure. There are three ways to pay for your Adventure: full payment, a gift for someone you love, or pay for it over 3 monthly installments.
My favorite by far this year is Laurie Mika’s home and studio tour and he tiny tin shrines class. WOW! What fun. You can read about my project I did from her class here. This course is just one of 23 others that you will be taking in the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure.
FYI: I do tend to post photos on Instagram during the week so you can follow and stay up to date with me and what I’m working on (and get a surprise coupon every once and awhile too). Feel free to come over and follow me on instagram so that you can see behind the scenes work in my studio as well as some tips & tricks as I post them.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!