Short & Sick, Yuck
Do you ever have one of those weeks that didn’t turn out as planned? Well, the past 2 weeks have been like that for me. Many of my readers know that I have Cystic Fibrosis. And sometimes not only do I not feel well, but I end up in the hospital. One such recent episode led to just that for 5 days. I’m back at home now, but struggling to regain most of my energy. So … this week in the studio has been … well … not as productive as most to say the least. But I did get some things done, several of which I can’t show you now, but I can show you later.
- Flowery beads – We all know that I love flowers. 2014 has been the year of flowers so far. But I saw some really pretty flower beads by Art Jewelry Elements. The beads are not polymer, but could easily work with polymer. Well, you know me, I couldn’t just do that, I had to do my own thing. The results … I like theirs better. See … this is why I don’t make beads people. I’m a sculptor, not a jewelry designer or bead maker! I used Pearl Ex Powders, Glitter Balms, & Acrylic paint all as surface treatments … overdo it? Nah! I didn’t overdo it. Well, okay … maybe.
- A New Calendar – Why oh why am I constantly drawn to paper, journals, calendars, etc? It’s an illness and usually I can avoid it, alas, not this time. This really cool planner is from Mead and you can get one here. Up until this past week, Kater’s Acres blog publishing calendar, release dates, yada, yada, yada have all been on my personal electronic calendar based system. Here’s the problem, there’s so much stuff for Kater’s Acres now (there’s some really cool stuff about to happen for Kater’s Acres, but I can’t tell you yet…) that I needed a system exclusively for Kater’s Acres so I could plan easier, faster, & better. Paper calendars are my hubby’s way of doing things. We’ll see if this works, but likely I’ll end up going back to my electronic method because it’s easier for me.
- SNEAK PEAK: Last but not least, here is a sneakity-peakity at Monday’s Club Tutorial. If you’re a member you’re in for a treat.
Weekly Tidbits & Fun:
- I love my pets, they make me smile, make me laugh, and help to make the worst days the best of days. This past week my cat did this. No joke, she took a selfie. It’s a long story, but let’s just say my phone was held, hostage!
- Hi, my name is Katie. My friend introduced me to Audiobooks. I. Am. Now. Addicted. Yes, I am a new audiobook addict. And the best part, they since with my Kindle … so I can always be “reading” wherever I go. This. Could. Be. Bad.
- We have very few “emergencies” in my home. But yesterday, we had an emergency. The half-and-half was all gone. While this seems like a very unimportant and non-emergent thing to you, it is a big problem in my home. Both my hubby & I put half-and-half in our coffee. We each have 2 cups a morning (sometimes I have 3) and when the half-and-half is gone … well, let’s just say mornings aren’t as pretty. Not to worry, it was restocked by nightfall.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!