What’s Going on at KatersAcres?
Posted on June 28, 2017 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
What’s Going on at KatersAcres
What’s going on at KatersAcres? Well, WIP Wednesday is here again! It’s been over a month since I wrote a WIP Wednesday. This happens for various reasons because I always have things to share with you, I’m just sharing them as they happen instead of in this weekly, bi-weekly (or in this case monthly) post. If you join me on Instagram you will see behind the scenes photos as well as my Insta-stories, which contain many of these behind-the-scenes photos, tests, and what’s going on in my studio.
Here’s What’s Going on at KatersAcres
- Silver Flower Pendant. This past week I wanted a silver flower just for me. I used an old vintage earring of my Mom’s from when I was little in the center. Other components are from B’Sue Boutiques.
- This little blank pen & ink drawn girl got some water colors added to her this week in my art journal.
- Who doesn’t love to splash a little paint around? One of my newest tutorials, the Thunderbird Totem, teaches you how to get down and painty!
- It’s summer, so it’s time to use up your scraps and make some Scrappy Bugs! This new tutorial is available now with bonus Lily cane & Skinner Blend tutorial add ons.
- The new Sculpey Clear arrived in my studio and I’ve really enjoyed playing with it.
- This quick and easy “Scrapbook Pendant” was made with a few of the colors from the palette I demonstrated in my Making a Color Palette 101 article.
- On my recent stint in the hospital this month, my favorite Baymax mug was by my side to inspire me.
- This new dragon was made this month. It’s been a LONG time since I’ve made a dragon, but this little quirky fellow was just begging to be made.
- On Father’s Day when I visited my folks, I found this Lodge Mosaic hanging in their home. I made it YEARS ago to match their lodge decor. It was nice to take a quick trip down memory lane and see how far you’ve come.
- I now have two mobile offices. One for my art journaling and one for everything else. If you don’t know what a mobile office is, be sure to check this article out.
- Even in the summertime, my favorite studio snack (coffee with marshmallows and a scoop of hot cocoa on top) is still enjoyable!
- This Color Palette is important to you, you just don’t know it yet. This color palette will show YOU how to make your own. If you haven’t read my newest article on “Making a Color Palette 101” you won’t want to miss it!
- Some days are longer than others. This past week I logged a very long 14 hour work day in the studio. Not intentionally, mind you… it just happened that way. Sometimes when creativity strikes, you just HAVE to go with it.
- This new little watercolor palette arrived this week, and I’ve been happily enjoying it!
- Don’t miss the new Grasshopper tutorial available in the Tutorial Shop.
- This soft color palette will be really important next month and you’ll see why soon. Don’t wait, join Parker’s Clayful Tutorial Club to find out more.
- Last but certainly not least is that there are just a FEW days left to go check out Christi Friesen’s Neighborhood where I have been a guest artist for the month. Her theme this month is “Island Inspiration.” Don’t miss it!
And as a special note … did you know my Etsy store got an overhaul this month? Come on over and check it out. There’s lots of new items and a whole new shopping experience too. That’s what’s going on at KatersAcres this month…
Clay Community Notes, Tidbits, and Sightings:
Do you have a Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine like Melissa and I? What do you use yours for? Leave your answers in the comments below.
Clay on my friends,