The Week of Polymer Clay Flowers
Often it isn’t until the end of the week that I recognize that the majority of my claying had a LOT of one themed item in it. For this week the theme was apparently canes & flowers. I really do love my flowers & I really love making my 2-in1-Skinner-Blend Caned Petals … apparently even more than I thought I did. So, without further ado, let’s see what I created this week.
Polymer Clay Flowers Galore!
Clockwise from top left:
- Scrap Flower Pendant: Yes, I do love my scrap clay projects. In fact, I do not throwing out any type of clay. This being said, this lovely pendant (top left) was made using my Skinner Blend Delicate Flower Tutorial from the leftovers of a Skinner Blend used in the bottom left Skinner Blended Petal Canes & my Dragon pendant.
- One Skinner Blend, Two Petals Canes: This is a very frequent creation in my studio and another free tutorial that I offered sometime earlier this spring. I make a lot of these. Why? Mostly because they are quick & easy, allow me to explore color, & give me the momentum to create a ton of gorgeous flowers for pendants or necklaces. Get the free tutorial now.
- Dragon Pendant: Yes, I love dragons & I’ve been experimenting with them, trying to find my favorite type and kind to make into pendants or small mini-sculpts for collectors. Here’s another of this week’s experiments. I don’t like this one as much as some of my others, but she’s awful pretty!
- Another “One Skinner Blend, Two Petal Canes” project … this time you are just seeing the petal canes before I’ve done anything with them. This full tutorial will be listed in my Etsy store shortly. It will accompany another joint video from B’Sue Boutiques.
- This more vibrant (and yet somehow uniquely rustic) flower pendant & necklace I made on a whim. It’s just a whole bunch of leftover clays I assembled into a type of a jelly-roll pattern and shaped into petals to make this flower pendant. I used brown cording and wooden beads to accent the necklace. Not bad huh?
So which one of these projects was my favorite this past week? If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know that it was this set of similar, yet different necklaces. Notice how the two different cords give a totally different look to each flower pendant.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Have you tried any of the tutorials that I’ve listed above? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to see what you’ve made & who knows, you may even get a feature on the blog to show off your awesome work.