Posted on January 14, 2015 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
WIP Wendesday in My Polymer Clay Studio
A Quieter Week
This past week was a wonderful week. We got about 18″ of snow in 2 days, we were snowed in, & due to the snow & temperatures, we spent four full days housebound. It. Was. Great! When my husband is home, I like to spend time with him and don’t get near the amount of time in my studio that I normally do. That being said it was still a busy week!
Polymer Clay Work in Progress
- I have had a thing for Sorcerer Mickey since I was a child. He has found his way into a main decor spot in my studio. This Christmas, my husband blessed me with a Sorcerer Mickey handpainted canvas. It features a jovial Sorcerer Mickey casting spells toward his dancing brooms. My husband and I took apart the decor on the wall of the studio this past week and organized it to hang my newest addition.
- I have really been enjoying my NEVERKnead. It has proved to be a valuable addition to my studio. Read the full review here.
- I have a thing for browns (sad, I know) … but I do. I often make my own blends and colors and this week was no exception. This week I spent several hours working on a piece for the Bohemian Vibe challenge theme for January, “Secret Garden.” My piece however, is a “Secret Winter Garden.” You’ll see the finished piece here next week.
- Because my hubby was home this past week. He helped me to film a few videos for the website. You’ll see a few of them popping up here and there.
- And lastly, I added TWO Valentine’s Day jointed dragons to my jointed dragon party (shown top right). The purple and fuchsia dragons will be available for adoption later this week. You will also be able to read about them in this week’s 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge post. Adopt Dragons Here. CLICK HERE to get a tutorial to make the red Chinese Dragon.
Weekly Polymer Clay Inspiration
This week’s weekly inspiration comes from the Polymer Clay Shed‘s, Carola Greiser. I have purchased several of Carola’s polymer clay pens in the past, including the kitty pen & a flower pen. Carola has beautiful canes that are filled with scrumptious details, gorgeous colors, and coordinating color palettes. She’s clearly been busy lately. Look at the gorgeous items that she has put together recently! I could just sit and stare at this picture all day. So gorgeous. I love it!
Do you make canes? Do you aspire to make canes? I love making canes, but I just don’t have time to make everything, so for now I will sculpt and make canes another day.
Going on in the Polymer Clay Community
- Don’t miss the #PolymerArtChallenge that is zooming around FaceBook. If you want to see some gorgeous art, then you need to take 10 minutes and browse all the gorgeous work.
- Ginger Davis Allman from The Blue Bottle Tree just wrote a new post on polymer clay, their brands, & how to explain what it is to people. CLICK HERE to read it now.
- Don’t miss the Polymer Clay Adventure. We’re going to start the second project this Friday. The second project was written by yours truly. Don’t miss it. There’s still time to join and create my woodland creature. Join now.
- It’s Week 2 in the 2015 Polymer Clay Adventure. Be sure to finish your projects and get them posted to the weekly photo album by Friday!
Weekly Tid-Bits and Fun
- We were snowed in for about four days … and ran out of Hot Chocolate. This is practically an emergency. Good thing the truck has a plow & my husband was willing to go to the store!
- My Mom & her best friend are taking their daughters (me and my friend) to Walt Disney World for a “ladies week away” in just two weeks. I’m very excited.
- My Mom made me an awesome Little Green Man bag from Toy Story to go to Disney in October (see the picture at right). Well … now that I have a new phone, I got a new phone case in honor of our awesome upcoming vacation. Bring on the fun & cuteness!
Want to be a polymer clay artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!