WIP Wednesday is here again! One of my favorite blog posts to write for you is WIP Wednesday. Why? Because I get to share everything I’ve stubbled on during the week. Today I’ve included more links to tutorials, teachers, blogs, & spotlights than ever! Be sure to catch all the special offers and savings this week too!
- Chalk pastels. Let’s just take a pause right here at this art supply. I love using chalks on polymer to highlight, add detail, and bring some added pizazz to my creations. Be sure to visit Debbie Crothers to see some more unique ways to use these too.
- There’s a few new Bundle Packs in the tutorial shop. Both the Safari & Japanese Culture packs include some never before seen tutorials. Remember too that Bundle Packs offer savings over buying tutorials individually.
- It’s been a long time since I showed off some stamps! I love stamps. With Spring here, I seem to be gravitating toward flower & bird stamps. My favorite ink to use on polymer clay with those stamps is StazOn. It’s permanent and heavily pigmented.
- Meet Rainy! This mixed media Rain Bird is available for adoption in my Etsy shop. And if you’re up for a real fun project with new ideas, be sure to get the tutorial too. [The tutorial is on sale for a limited time!]
- Do you try new things and experiment? It’s fun to just open your clay box and see what happens.
- I really enjoy using UltraLight clay. I don’t use it often, but it always reminds me of playing with marshmallows!
- And last but not least, that smiling face in the corner is that of my beloved, Mr. Katie. What a blessing he is!
Don’t be afraid to try new things, test new products, and experiment. You never know where the process may take you. What have you “discovered” on accident? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Clay Community Notes and Tidbits:
- Polyform’s newest liquid clay: Sculpey CLEAR, Black, & White have been released and are heading your way! Read the update here.
- The clay community is loving the new Easy Napkin Transfer technique by Patricia Roberts-Thompson. Check it out on YouTube.
- Posable Chinese Dragon Workshop in Linesville, PA on June 14th! There are only 2 seats available. Get details and come join the fun! [Click here to see all available workshops]
- The May Issue of Polymer Clay Universe has been released. It’s now formatted and looking sharp. Check it out.
- It’s week 18 of the #2017PCChallenge and it’s not too late to join the fun. Come on over and join the 2017 Polymer Clay Challenge.
- Jewelry makers will love the new Easy Collar Kit from TinyPandora. It’s available right now as a pre-order too. Pre-order it here.
- Klio Tasaliki has their own version of the Napkin Tutorial in their Etsy shop. I can’t wait to see their take!
- Need inspiration, encouragement, and a place to share your polymer clay work? Don’t forget to come and join us over at Parker’s Clay Tribe, a FREE FaceBook group.
- If you are submitting something for the 2017 IPCA Awards, your entries are due by May 15th. Get more details here.
Have You Seen It?
- I am absolutely blown away by the work of Le Civette Vanitose. Find her on Instagram.
- Samantha Burroughs is making some fabulous jewelry! See her newest on FaceBook.
- The new pendant by Veronica Sturdy are absolutely breathtaking. See them on Flickr.
- Nevenka Sabo is still sharing all her gorgeous Nambi creations. Don’t miss her on FaceBook.
- Anarina Anar is making some adorable ladies! Check them out on Flickr.
- Have you seen Georg Dinkel‘s work lately? His creatures are taking some unusual forms. See them on FaceBook.
- Don’t miss zzzverushka’s newest fantasy animals. So adorable! Find them on Instagram.