WIP Wednesday in KatersAcres Studio
Posted on June 15, 2016 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
Inside KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
What’s Going on in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio?
Welcome back to another WIP Wednesday in KatersAcres polymer clay studio. Today not only will you see some things I’ve been working on, but you’ll also get a few of my recommendations as well. ENJOY and don’t forget to join me in Parker’s Clay Tribe, a free polymer clay FaceBook group.
Inside KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
Clockwise from top left
- The veneer collage shown here was made using my faux collage veneer tutorial. I really love the myriad of effects that can be achieved with the faux collage effects. If you haven’t tried this technique, I encourage you to do it. I’m sure you’ll fall in love immediately.
- The beads were made from the collaged veneer sheet also shown here.
- You can make your own lively color palette when you begin your Wacky Bird project. This new tutorial is at a reduced price for a limited time.
- This set of beads was made for an upcoming tutorial and the necklace is that finished result. More on this soon.
- These faces were made in conjunction with the #2016PCChallenge for this upcoming week. I am loving my myriad of faces.
- I tried out Syndee Holt’s newest tutorial on Sculpey.com – it was a really fun project and I encourage you to try it if you haven’t already. Very fun.
- A BIG THANK YOU and shoutout to my friend Christi Friesen for having me as one of her guest artists this month! Along with me are Debbie Crothers, Brenda Sue Lansdowne, Sta-C Peterson, & Brenda Schweder. Join us at Christi’s Neighborhood.
- Torn clay brings me joy. I love making new colors by tearing up scraps!
- This “Old World Treasure” necklace was made from my faux collage veneer (show at top) and uses a new technique from Shannon Tabor, “Ancient Artifact Raku Technique.”
(2nd Week in a Row) Most Popular PDF Tutorial: Face Vase Tutorial
(2nd Week in a Row) 2nd Most Popular PDF Tutorial: Faux Collaged Veneers
Come and Join the Fun!
Online communities are a LOT of fun. Parker is hard at work gathering clay enthusiasts and has opened up his own clay group: Parker’s Clay Tribe. It’s a FREE group for anyone who plays with clay on FaceBook. We have swaps, challenges, prizes, and even giveaways. Anyone is welcome to join. Parker’s Clay Tribe is sponsored by Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club. Consider becoming a member and learn to make your own whimsical creations.
Come & Learn Online with the Polymer Clay Adventure
There are so many unique and wonderful classes at this year’s Polymer Clay Adventure (including one from yours truly). Are you one of the hundreds of people joining in on the fun? I can’t stress to you enough how phenomenal this Adventure is. You get to try a wide variety of projects, techniques, and styles. Learn from a master doll artist, Lisa Renner, and make your own bird aviator. This class rivals my favorite so far of Laurie Mika’s class. I invite each of you to join us, it’s such good fun! There are three ways to pay for your Adventure: full payment, a gift for someone you love, or pay for it over 3 monthly installments.
My favorite by far this year is Laurie Mika’s home and studio tour and he tiny tin shrines class. WOW! What fun. You can read about my project I did from her class here. This course is just one of 23 others that you will be taking in the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure.
FYI: I do tend to post photos on Instagram during the week so you can follow and stay up to date with me and what I’m working on (and get a surprise coupon every once and awhile too). Feel free to come over and follow me on instagram so that you can see behind the scenes work in my studio as well as some tips & tricks as I post them.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!