Cats Book Review
It’s once again Friday! Let the party begin! For the first Friday of the month let’s gear up for Christi Friesen’s “Cats” book review. This book is perfect for cat lovers of all kinds: domestic cats, big cats, wild cats, and prairie cats too!
Christi Friesen Cats Book Review
What You Will Notice:
Until I adopted my own kitten, Smokie, I did not have an appreciation for small felines … however, I have had a long love of Big Cats, particularly White Bengal Tigers. I love them. Why? I do not know. Secretly I’ve always wanted to raise White Bengal Tiger cubs … but I also realize this is dangerous and unrealistic, so instead I just dream about them and adopted a little tabby cat. She makes me laugh every day….
Moving on! I love this book because of the big cats in the back. Christi has a way of taking these gorgeous creatures and turning them into artistic works of art. WOW! The “big cats” are what makes this book for me…but that being said, we will devour all the projects (especially those cute little kittens with yarn balls – what’s not to love?!).
Read the whole book and dream up awesome cats!
Fun sized furry felines will be your project for the week. Get in touch with your feline side and make kitty beads, kitties with bodies, and maybe even a cute little kitten!
Lumps and bumps … explore the abstract and make “Lump Cats” from pages 25-28 in Christi’s book.
The biggest and final project. Make a Big Cat Sculpture, using Christi’s book as a guide, either full bodied or just a head, but use lotsa ribbons, beads, and other things to make your big cat “pop” and come to life!
- Christi Friesen’s Beyond Project Sculpture Series Book 4: Cats
- Your choice of polymer clay – at maximum 3 blocks per week (must include at least 1 block of a blue “ocean” color per week).
- Mica Powders (Several Options – My preference is Perfect Pearls as they are permanent & do not require a finish due to the resin )
- Variety of Chalks to use as accents
- Acrylic paint in a dark color – my preference is brown or sienna
- Acrylic paint brush (please use a different brush for mica powders, chalks, paint, & gloss finishes)
- Baby wipes or soft sponge
- Tiny-medium sized beads and/or gemstones for eyes and embellishments
- Ribbon Assortments for accents for a giant big cat sculpture
- Pencils to make fitted kitty toppers or get festive with kitty pencils & make matching toppers
- Metal Craft Wire (I prefer 24-28gauge but any flexible soft wire will do)
- Sculpting tools
- Get a wide variety of polymer clay supplies at decent prices shipped to a wide variety of countries on Amazon
The Friesen Project
The Friesen Project is done in conjunction with Christi Friesen. All tutorials are retaught here with her expressed permission. Please make sure to read about the project here, and get answers to the most common FAQS here. If you would like to join the project, feel free to sign up here.