A new month is here with new projects, new fun, and awesome adventures in store for us! Christi once again takes us on a new adventure, this time “Down Under” with this fresh and fun Beyond Sculpture Series Book. Step inside and lets see what’s in store for us this month as we do a brief polymer clay book review, overview of projects, and a surprise free project you won’t find anywhere else, but here.
What To Expect:
There’s a variety of fun, excitement, and adventure in Christi’s 5th book in the Beyond Sculpture Series, “Down Under.” From Koala’s, platypus, aborigine artwork, and echidnas and Tasmanian devils (growl). There’s a wealth of projects and information in this awesome book.
Weekly Project Lists:
- May 3rd – Book Review and Giveaway
- May 10th – Aborigine Art
- You’re going to make a take a “Down Under” character, sketch it, and hone your skills at making something that looks ancient and stylized at the same time.
- May 17th – Echidna
- I’ve never seen an Echidna … but the project in Christi’s book on pages 42-44 couldn’t be cuter! So after delving 60,000 years in the past for the Aborigine art, it’s time to have some fun!
- May 24th – Tazmanian Devil
- You won’t see a Tazmanian Devil in Christi’s book except an Aborigine styled Devil. This week I’ll bring you my own tutorial on how to create a cute, cuddly, and often fright inducing cutie! This tutorial will be given to you in PDF style, so you can print it and take it into your studio with you. You won’t want to miss this.
- May 31st – Koala Sculpture
- See that cute sculpture on the front of the book – yep, you’re going to make one of your own. Doesn’t that sound like fun? I think it will be.
How Are You Doing?
If you have been journeying with me and the rest of the Friesen Project crew for the past 16 weeks, let us know how you are doing with the projects. Are you up to date, are you behind? Which project have you enjoyed the most? What kind of tutorials do you like the best? Don’t forget that you can get all the projects and see what you’ve missed here.
The Friesen Project
The Friesen Project is done in conjunction with Christi Friesen. All tutorials are retaught here with her expressed permission. Please make sure to read about the project here, and get answers to the most common FAQS here. If you would like to join the project, feel free to sign up here.