There’s fewer things prettier than the deep ocean blue colors that mottle together. In truth, any blue is gorgeous. I love the color blue, in fact, it’s one of my favorites. Coming up with variations of blues to use in my designs is always a fun adventure. I stumbled upon this clay color recipe completely on accident, but have used it several times already. Enjoy!
Polymer Clay Color Recipe for Deep Ocean Blue
- 1 Part Premo! Peacock Pearl (P)
- 2 Parts Premo! Purple Pearl (Pr)
- To the right is the chart of what happens with each main combination and how the color changes.
IDEAS FOR VARIATIONS:
- Add 1/2 part Premo! silver for a nice added shimmer.
- Add 1/2 part Premo! Pearl for an instant lightness and brilliance.
- Add 1/4 part Premo! Black for a deeper blue, reminiscent of navy.
What Will You Create?
I hope today’s color selections help you get back into your studio this weekend! Thanks for joining me today and don’t forget to sign up for more tutorials, prompts, and projects direct to your email. Sign up now.