Polymer Clay Color Recipe
The holiday season is upon us and this time of year means that many of us will make gingerbread men, girls, bears, toys, reindeer and so much more. Today I’m sharing with you my very favorite recipe to make your own “Gingerbread” colored clay.
Polymer Clay Color Recipe for Gingerbread
I like my Gingerbread color to have depth, presence, and richness. As many of you know, I’m not one that uses a lot of color recipes and instead rely on my use of “whatever’s lying around” to make my figurines. For those of you recipe fanatics, here’s one I mix us in large batches this time of the year.
- 1 Part Premo! Raw Sienna
- 1 Part Premo! Burnt Umber
- 1/2 Part Premo! Grey Granite
IDEAS FOR VARIATIONS:
- Add 1/4 part Premo! 18k gold for a nice added luminescence.
- Add 1/4 part Premo! Bronze for an instant metallic red depth & undertone (shown in Gingerbread Doll above).
- Add 1/4 part Premo! Bronze for a pinkish metallic undertone.
What Will You Create?
I hope today’s color selections help you get back into your studio this weekend! Thanks for joining me today and don’t forget to sign up for more tutorials, prompts, and projects direct to your email. Sign up now.