Polymer Clay Review: Premo! Opal
Posted on May 27, 2015 in Product Reviews by Katie Oskin
Premo! Accents® Polymer Clay Review
Polyform’s 2015 Color Releases
Opal Polymer Clay Review:
- Brand / Line: Premo! Sculpey® by Polyform
- Name: Opal
- Color Shift Rating: 4
- Softness Rating: 4
- This color unlike some of the other 2015 new colors, this clay was much firmer in the pack.
- As is typical of translucent clay, it will yellow when baked.
- The thicker the clay, the more yellow it will become.
- The picture at right shows both unbaked & baked clays. The top is the #2 thickness on my Atlas. The bottom is a #5 thickness on my Atlas. You can see the difference. The thinner the sheet, the more it is truly opal.
- Will this clay give a true “opal” effect. I believe that it will in very thin layers. As a thick piece I do not believe it captures the true opal effects.
- Palette Considerations:
- This looks gorgeous paired with any jewel toned colors.
- Here’s a FREE project by syndee holt that shows how layering this in thin sheets can create an awesome effect!
Read more about my Color Shift & Softness Ratings here.
The polymer clay for this review was generously provided to me by Polyform.
Thanks for joining me today,