Take a walk on the Wild Wide with this Animal Print Tiger Cane
The tutorial that I used to make my cane is found here by Ronit Golan, a polymer clay cane master.
- Premo! Polymer Clay in 3 or 5 different colors of your choice to represent the colors of a tiger
- PolyClay Blade or Exacto Knife
- Scrap Clay (Optional)
Tiger Cane Instructions:
- Condition each of your colors of polymer clay
- Make a basic Skinner Blend using the colors of clays you have chosen.
- Roll your blend into a long log.
- Squish your block to a manageable size, keeping your color scheme of dark to light colors.
- Shape the log into a square.
- Using a blade, make slices in the clay where you want your stripes to be.
- Reduce your cane. (See tip below)
- Cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Arrange to form a “striped” pattern like on a tiger.
- When you are trying to reduce your cane, using scrap clay on the ends helps to cut down on the amount of distortion and clay that you will waste.
*Don’t Miss my GALLERY of Canes for 2014*
Gallery contains LINKS for tutorials here on my site as well as across the web.
Do you want to join us? Come and join the fun at this FaceBook group where we create one cane a week for the entire 2014 year!
Thanks for joining me today,