Take a walk on the Wild Wide with this Animal Print Tiger Cane
The tutorial that I used to make my cane is found here by Ronit Golan, a polymer clay caning master
- Premo! Polymer Clay in 3 or 5 different colors of your choice to represent the colors of a tiger
- PolyClay Blade or Exacto Knife
- Scrap Clay (Optional)
Tiger Cane Instructions:
- Condition each of your colors of polymer clay
- Make a basic Skinner Blend using the colors of clays you have chosen.
- Roll your blend into a long log.
- Squish your block to a manageable size, keeping your color scheme of dark to light colors.
- Shape the log into a square.
- Using a blade, make slices in the clay where you want your stripes to be.
- Reduce your cane. (See tip below)
- Cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Arrange to form a “striped” pattern like on a tiger.
- When you are trying to reduce your cane, using scrap clay on the ends helps to cut down on the amount of distortion and clay that you will waste.
Sculpt Your Dreams,
Magic Mister – Detailing Brush for Polymer Clay – Set of 2$1.95
White Wax Pick Up Pencil$1.49
Marjorie’s Magnificent Blending Brush Duo$3.95
Splendid Spoon & Spatula Sculpting (s5) Tool for Miniatures$7.95
Black Clear Resin Wax Pick Up Pencil$2.25
Millefiori BRIGHT Flower Cane Slices – 3g Small Jar$1.75
Millefiori Heart Cane Slices – 3g Small Jar$1.75
Lolly’s Lovely Brush – Flat Angled Miniature Brush$4.49