Thanksgiving Turkey Pin Tutorial
For Polymer Clay
Are you looking for a quick & easy, last minute, Thanksgiving project? These cute little polymer clay turkey pins can be used on anything: outfits, napkins, given as gifts, or adapted as ornaments. Enjoy!
- Prepare cane slices to use as “feathers.”
- NOTE: The tutorial for these feathers can be found here.
- Position the caned “feathers” as shown at right.
- Roll a ball of brown clay the size of a hazelnut into a long teardrop.
- Roll a smaller pea sized ball of clay into a circle.
- Press both shapes onto the feathers.
- Roll another two pea sized balls of brown clay as wings and press alongside the body, just under the head as shown at right.
- Roll a pea sized amount of orange clay into two teardrops.
- Attach them to the bottom of the turkey.
- Now add facial features including a gobbler, beak, & eyes.
- Turn the turkey over and place the pin back on the feathers.
- Use a small amount of brown clay and cover the base of the pin being sure that the edges are fully adhered to the wings.
- Now BAKE in your polymer clay dedicated over for 45 minutes at the recommended temperature for your brand of clay.
Thanks for joining me today,