The first ever, WIP Wednesday!
Polymer Clay Studio Fun
What Is WIP Wednesday
This is the first ever WIP Wednesday! WIP (Work(s) in Progress) Wednesday is where I get to show YOU, my claying friends, what I’m up to in my polymer clay studio. Today’s project is a 13 piece nativity set. I spent 8 hours in my studio today, but I couldn’t get this set done … so tomorrow, I will work on the other 9 pieces, and likely not get those done either. But … here’s a little glimpse of what creativity my studio has unleashed today.
4 Piece Nativity Set
As always, I take the time to plan out the steps before I begin my work. This set is actually a custom order that is due for delivery in a few weeks.
- First I made all the bases that my figurines would sit on.
- Then I made all the “faces” for the pieces that had them (except Baby Jesus). I like to make these first so they can firm up and when I add hair and their “body parts” later, their faces don’t ‘smoosh’ easily.
- Then I got busy … making all my my pieces.
- Each piece is about 3″ tall, except the shepherd who is about 2.5″ tall. But he’s actually on his knees with his feet sticking out the back of his robe (yes, it’s cute).
- So tomorrow I will work on these again, and perhaps finish the 3 wisemen and baby Jesus.
Thanks for joining me today,