WIP Wednesday is here again! It’s time for the August 2017 review at KatersAcres. If you are looking for more regular behind the scenes and in process stories, join me over on Instagram, as well as an occasional Insta-stories. These also may contain many of these behind-the-scenes photos, tests, life events, and what’s going on in my studio.
Work-In-Progress at KatersAcres:
- LC Machine Cleaning Blades. I received the new blades for my LC Mammoth several weeks ago, but I did not take the time to install them. So, this month I took the time to install the new 3D cut blades, so far they are top notch and fantastic!
- I’ve been enjoying looking at my pixie cottage all lit up on my deck this summer. It adds a splash of color to an otherwise dark corner.
- On my “to do list” whenever I had some free time to to “dress up” some really old switch plates in our house. So this month I got to it decorating one for our kitchen (coffee phrases & beans themed), dining room (coffee & friends themed), and deck entrance (bear & woods themed).
- This past month Melissa Terlizzi offered a few of her “extra” pieces up for sale. I was lucky enough to snag this cute bee piece. It’s now hanging delightfully in my studio.
- We all know I have a thing for faces… I’m working on a derivative from my Old Man Winter tutorial for my front door. It’s changed several times, but it’s coming along, I hope to finish it next week.
- The eyes … the eyes!!! I did a new version of some eyes and I think I really like them. But still working on faces, yep … I do like my faces.
- I do enjoy making soft bodied dolls with polymer faces and hands. This posable pixie is no exception and I really like her. You can learn to make one yourself here too.
- I was playing around with my Faux Collage Veneers tutorial and decided to make a little tin. This tutorial is still one of the most popular on the site and it has a wide variety of use and applications. I come back to it over and over again.
- This rainbow palette is from the Pixie Forest Theme. You can get all of the tutorial from this theme for just $9.95 by joining the Whimsical Sculpting Club before the 31st of August.
- Don’t miss Teresa Pandora Salgado’s free Pixie Potion Bottle Tutorial either! It’s loads of fun.
- This month brought the last of our summer color recipes as well. Click here to get all the color recipes you want!
- And last but not least, here’s a snap shot of Ginger Davis-Allman (Visit her site here) and I playing around in my studio on her way through to Synergy when she stopped at my house.
Clay Community Notes, Tidbits, and Sightings:
- Check out Kim Detmers of ClaybyKim as she’s getting into the Spooktacular holiday spirit. See more of her work and watch her on Instagram.
- Calico Griffin’s newest Forest Dragon will make you turn your head. See it on DeviantArt.
- Every day I’m sharing work I love and admire on my Facebook page. Have you joined me there?
- Don’t miss the work of Natalie Shtimmer of Shtima Creatures. Find her on Etsy.
- Cyndi Small of Pajama Junkie‘s newest is absolutely adorable. See it on Instagram.
- It’s week 35 of the #2017PCChallenge. How are you doing? Have you joined us yet? Not sure what it is? Read about it here and then come on over and join the 2017 Polymer Clay Challenge.