Maybe it was because of the sub-zero temperatures that we had this past week, but whatever it was, I was dreaming of flowers all week. As usual in my studio, I follow the dreams & plans of whatever is on my mind. So … flower canes & pink flowers it was. Here’s a glimpse behind the scenes of what’s going on in my polymer clay studio (clockwise from upper left):
- Rainbow Pens: I made several rainbow themed polymer clay covered pens that I decorated with canes & hearts for Valentine’s day. Get the tutorial here.
- Craft Store Haul! I was out of a few very necessary things in my studio … so, a trip to 2 different craft stores I made, and this is what I brought home.
- 20 gauge colored copper wire – 8 feet of each color
- Boye darning needles to make new needle tools (Get the tutorial here)
- Polymer clay
- Earring post & back assembly
- Pins: A few small flowers pin using my new cane.
- StoryBook Scenes: Both Parker & Lolly had StoryBook Scenes made with my new pink flower cane.
- Flower Fabric: Look at the gorgeous flower fabric I made! I loved it. It was beautiful! I’m speaking in the past tense because my oven must have had a temperature spike and the 4 pens that I made from this gorgeous fabric burned and were not salvageable. Therefore, not only was I so disappointed…I used the last of my canes to make it, so there will be no more pretty fabric like this one. Boo hoo!
- Flower Petal Canes: Here’s those pretty flower petal canes that I’ve been talking about!
- My Polymer Clay Studio: Polyform is offering a contest to post a recent studio photo … so here’s a picture of my studio. This is pretty much what it looks like every day, because I can’t work in chaos and I clean up after every clay session.
- Wool Coat Brooch: And last but not least, I made this huge pin to place on my wool coat as spring gets closer. It has a gorgeous Swarovski Crystal in the middle. Cool huh?
What’s Going On Behind the Scene In Your Studio?
Did you have any utter failures or disappointments in your studio this week like I did? What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!