WIP Wednesday Polymer Clay Studio
Posted on July 8, 2015 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
WOW! What a busy past few weeks in my studio. I had plenty of tutorials to write for Club Members, lots of playing to do, and even a few challenges to figure out as well. I think I kept myself plenty busy. I’ve separated the above graphic into quadrants so you can better follow along and see what I’m doing.
Quadrant 1 – Top Left
- I’m a nut for color and I LOVE to make my own. Many of my custom colors I can not reproduce because I use scraps to make them. (Top – Bottom, Left to Right)
- Here’s a few of the colors I worked up over the past few weeks: glittery black for my galaxy dragons.
- This luscious green Skinner blend I used on some leaf canes.
- The color palette here (silver, black, & navy) I used as the base for the color of my shark. Get the tutorial here.
- Oh juicy color! This 5 color coordinating palette is gorgeous and I can’t wait to reveal the finished product to you. Get a FREE tutorial on making your own coordinating color palette here.
- This purple, silver, & black Skinner blend I made for my Andromeda, a galaxy dragon. You can see her here.
- And of course all this yummy color has to be created with a cup of coffee. Right?! Right.
Quadrant 2 – Top Right
Quadrant 3 – Bottom Left
- This Sutton Slice birdhouse is an example of the project you are being asked to make for the Pavelka Project’s July Challenge. Get the tutorial here.
- Don’t miss this week’s tip on how to place glitter on your project with exact precision. Read all about it here.
- Did you say glitter?! Oh how I love little jars of glitter!
- I finally got that tiny embroidered bead (shown above) all strung up and ready to wear. I think this one I will keep too. I love it!
- And as I shared on Instagram last week … here’s this little bitty set of chompers (teeth) that I used on Shrapnel. Get the tutorial to make your own shark here.
Quadrant 4 – Bottom Right
- Here he is, meet Shrapnel Shark! My nod to the Discover Channel’s Shark Week. Get the tutorial to make your own opened mouth shark with teeth here.
- Completely inspired by Christi Friesen are this flower pendants. One of these I will keep, the other my Mom will give to her teacher next week.
- The 4th of July found me making a few firecrackers to decorate with. Get the tutorial to make your own here.
- This color palette of tiny teardrops is absolutely colorful and reminds me of some smoothies!
- And last but not least, glittered flower centers. See what I did with them in this FREE Flower Head Pins tutorial. Get it here.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!