I’ve been SO busy in my studio lately that my posts here on the blog are falling a bit behind. How can you tell? Well, my WIP Wednesday post is going up today (Thursday) with yesterday’s post date. OOPS! That being said, my studio has been abuzz with Parker this week. My last Parker was adopted last week. I usually make about 2-4 dozen Parker’s at a time, so it was time for another run. This week however I’m back to tutorial creating, writing, & photographing.
- Using my cane ends, I make a variety of Natasha Beads (get the tutorial here) for my pencil tree that sits in the corner of my dining room. It looks so pretty with all my Natasha Beads all over it. There’s a picture of the tree HERE. I will update the picture in the next few weeks since I’m back to cane making again.
- SNEAK PEAK at an upcoming Patriotic Parker that will be listed for adoption on Etsy.
- I purchased a coin collecting case from Amazon (get your own here) to keep my discs in for my LCTools CZExtruder, Walnut Hollow Extruder, & other dies for my extruder. This idea is not mine it originator from a commenter on The Blue Bottle Tree’s post on the CZExtruder. See her post here.
- Here’s a portion of my baking tray that was set to go in my oven with dozens of Parker’s & a dragon too.
- Here’s week 17’s dragon, iLene, as I work on her. You can tell she’s not done yet, but she’s coming along. #2015PCChallenge
- Faceless Parker’s – oh no! This was a photo I posted on Instagram as I was working. Be sure to follow me there so you can see behind the scenes in my studio.
- A few Natasha pendants I made from my scraps. I think they turned out pretty good. You can see better pictures on Instagram.
Polymer Clay Inspiration & News:
I would like to express my congratulations and thanks to Dr. Ron LeHocky who just hit the 30,000 mark of making polymer clay hearts for the children of the Kentucky Kids Center. There was a lovely tribute to him and his hearts this past week on Polymer Clay Daily. Thanks Cynthia for always keeping us up to date on the good stuff of the polymer clay community.
- As a bonus, if you want to have a sneak peak into Ron’s world, watch this video from Cynthia Tinapple here.
- Daily, I’m inspired by the artwork of other polymer clay artists. Be sure to visit my FaceBook page and join me as we find new & amazing artwork.
Weekly Tidbits & Fun:
- This past week the weather was so gorgeous my hubby & I enjoyed a lovely dinner on the porch with our first 100% grilled meal. It was so fabulous! We had chicken drumsticks, corn mush, & potatoes. We also had a salad, but you can’t put that on the grill.
- Mocha is feeling so much better after her surgery. She gets her stitches out tomorrow.
- I’m teaching a one day workshop with the B’Sue Boutiques crew this next weekend, so I’m busily preparing for that right now.
Want to be an artist of inspiration for the week?
Every week I choose 1-2 artists whose work has caught my eye during the week. How do you catch my eye? It’s simple … use social media. Here’s a few easy ways to catch my attention: become part of FaceBook groups I am also on, showcase your work on your FaceBook page, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, or even tag me @KatersAcres in your photos on FaceBook.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!