WIP Wednesday Feature:
The Making of “Plumb Outta Time”
Polymer Clay Steampunk & Plumbing Wall Hanging
This week for WIP Wednesday, I’m sharing something a little different. Instead of showing you random shots through ought the week, how about I show you my biggest and my most fun project … Plumb Outta Time.
— Kater’s Acres (@katersacres) September 18, 2015
Here’s a few step-by-step, behind the scenes look at how I made it as well.
You can see the nicely beveled edge of this 5 x 7 piece of wood. This is by no means a small item. You can also see in these photos that the main brass components came first. Then came the fun & the decorating with clay, brass, gears, brads, & metal pieces. Perhaps my most favorite part however was adding in some of these stunning and drop dead gorgeous vintage glass stones from B’Sue Boutiques (see the picture at right for just a sample of the many I received). You can buy your own here.
Polymer Clay Inspiration & News:
- I have a really big announcement that I will be making soon. Be sure you are signed up for The Polymer Notebook (my FREE email for polymer clay enthusiasts) to find out more.
- Don’t miss The Blue Bottle Tree’s newest info on mixing crystals & glass with polymer clay. CLICK HERE to go there now.
- There’s a giveaway coming soon from three special polymer artists. Be sure that you are signed up to get the announcement and be entered to win.
- If you haven’t joined The Pavelka Project yet, there’s still time and lots of fun prizes to be won too.
- New video tutorial is also coming soon. Be sure to subscribe to my channel on YouTube so you don’t miss it.
- See behind the scenes in my polymer clay studio by following me on Instagram.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!