in KatersAcres Polymer Clay Studio
It’s been a busy week this past week. I didn’t get near as much studio time as I would have liked. Why? Vacation Bible School was last week. And after the kids wore me out, I was eager to come home and … take a nap. Lol. But here’s what’s been going on in my polymer clay studio:
- One of my favorite books of all time is Jurassic Park. I remember reading it all the way back in middle school where I borrowed it from the BookMobile. (Do bookmobile’s still exist?) With the release of the newest movie, I decided that Parker’s Clayful Tutorial Club Members should have a little dinosaur project to work on. Thus, this baby TRex tutorial was released. You can get it here.
- My new stamps from Barbara McGuire arrived in the mail this week. These are “Ancient Languages” stamps from her Etsy store. You can get your own set here. Barbara has some really cool stamps, so be sure to have a good look while you’re there.
- I’ve also been really digging on my “Bloomin'” stamp from Lisa Pavelka. Get your own here. I used it most recently on my Inro Amulet.
- I’ve also been enjoying the “tide pool” mica powder from Christi Friesen. I’ve never found a mica powder that is even close to this one. It’s almost a turquoise with a hint of green duo-chrome. You have to purchase Christi’s “Surface Fx” in “Making Waves” to get this rare gem. Get the set here.
- I picked up a set of new dotting tools at the craft store. This set of 3 has two different sized balls on each tool for a total of six dotters. Not too bad for $1.97!
- Here’s a quick view at some of the super quick canes I made for my Inro Amulet project. I make mini canes most of the time. This way I have what I need and not a lot of left overs.
- Ah yes … another delightful Skinner Blend. This blend uses a custom purple, fuchsia, & white Premo!.
- My tool caddy is almost overflowing. I think I need to sort it and take out stuff that doesn’t get used often. What do you think?
- My “top shelf” books got a lot of attention this week as I began research for an upcoming secret project. See my top shelf books here.
- This lovely little color sample is from my newest polymer clay color recipe, Summer Peach. Get the recipe here.
- Last but not least, this past week I found myself once again at B’Sue Boutiques shooting the last video in her little shop making these cute mini polymer clay rose assemblage pendants. Don’t worry, there will be more videos & more fun too. Watch the video and get the free project for a polymer clay rose assemblage.