WIP Wednesdays: Bug Addiction
Posted on April 9, 2014 in Work In Progress by Katie Oskin
In Kater’s Acres Polymer Clay Studio
Here we are, another week flown by … and I’m losing my mind … okay, perhaps not. BUT … I certainly am finding myself addicted to bugs (which I hate … but cute clay ones are my friends) and flowers lately. I must have been bitten by the spring bug, hahaha. Moving On…
Here’s a brief overview of what has been going on in my studio over the past week (clockwise from top left):
- Skinner blend rolls … yes I’m addicted to flowers and have been making a ton of these to make my flowers with.
- A pile of clay blocks … let’s be honest, that’s love right there!
- Flower pendants … I love flowers, especially pretty clay type flowers. I made these, not for my shop, but for myself.
- Bugs, Bugs, & more Bugs … Yes, I am addicted to the little guys and Parker has 12 new StoryBook Scenes coming up where he’s dressing up just like his insect friends.
- Glitter fun … That’s not a ball of clay in glitter, it’s an egg in glitter and you can get the tutorial here.
- I’ve lost my mind … Do you see my face there on the right? It’s because I searched for my video stand for 40 minutes … 40 minutes. And do you know where it was? Right in front of me the entire time. See my name sign? On the top of it is my video taping thing. It. Was. Right. In. Front. Of. Me. The. Whole. Time.
- Easter eggs galore … These adorable Easter Eggs are made with Stroppel canes, get the tutorial here.
- Skinner Blends … There is something gorgeous about a Skinner Blend. I’ve made a lot of them lately. Take a look at some of their beauteousness here.
What are you working on?
What’s going on in your studio? What are you working on? Is there a project you’d like to see me tackle and feature on the blog? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts & ideas!